This Tapioca Pudding Recipe is a traditional comfort food. This creamy homemade dessert is quick and easy to make. Grandma would be so proud!
I have been chosen for an amazing opportunity to partner with Rodelle as a brand ambassador. Not only will I be highlighting their high quality vanilla in my recipes, but I will also be sharing some of the other Rodelle products. They have some awesome spice blends, extracts and cocoa.
The most important thing that I have learned about cooking over the years is that quality does matter. You can really tell the difference when using high quality ingredients, especially vanilla. Never, ever, ever, skimp on the vanilla!
A while back I was asked by Rodelle what my favorite dessert was. Without hesitation I answered Tapioca Pudding. It was a childhood favorite and apparently I still considered it to be at the top of the list. My answer was strange considering I had never made tapioca pudding from scratch and rarely ate it. I guess I figured something so delicious would be difficult to prepare. I was wrong.
I became obsessed with homemade tapioca pudding! Making it several times a week until I perfected it with this Classic Tapioca Pudding Recipe.
Just a simple super creamy tapioca pudding with amazing vanilla flavor, thanks to Rodelle Vanilla Paste. Vanilla Paste is my #1 Baking Essential. It is the difference between a good dessert and a Mind-Blowing-Life-Altering dessert! Yes, it is that good.
The most difficult thing about making tapioca pudding is finding the darn tapioca pearls. I stumbled upon them at Big Lots of all places. Weird.
If you have never tried homemade tapioca pudding, well you are in for a treat. The store bought variety just doesn’t even come close.
This Classic Tapioca Pudding Recipe is creamy, dreamy and oh so vanilla-y. Pure comfort Food.
I don’t care that my favorite dessert is a Grandma-Food. I guess I’m an 80 year old woman trapped in the body of a 35 year old.
Eat this tapioca pudding as is. Or top with this unbelievably flavorful Homemade Cherry Syrup. It is a perfect combo in my humble opinion.
Grab a spoon and dig in!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1/2 Cup Small Pearl Tapioca
- 1 Cup Filtered Water
- 2 Cups Whole Milk - divided
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- Soak tapioca pearls in water for 15 minutes. (Water should be mostly absorbed after 15 min)
- Add 1 cup whole milk and soak for 15 more minutes.
- Vigorously whisk remaining milk, egg yolks, sugar and salt until yolks are completely incorporated. Transfer to a 3 quart pot over medium/low heat.
- Add tapioca mixture. (liquid and pearls)
- Heat and stir frequently for 15 minutes. Do not walk away from pot and stir almost constantly the last 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla paste.
- Transfer to airtight container. Refrigerate 4+ hours. Tapioca will thicken more as it cools.
- Serve with preferred topping.
Recipe yields approximately 3½ cups.