This CHICKEN POT PIE CASSEROLE takes only a handful of ingredients and is ready in about 45 minutes. Perfect for weeknight dinners to bring the family together over a warm comfort food meal.
CHICKEN BUBBLE UP
A thick, creamy base loaded with cheese veggies and chicken. Toss in the biscuit pieces then just bake to golden brown goodness. This is one of those super simple dinners that is pure comfort food.
- Cook your own chicken or use a store bought rotisserie chicken for extra convenience.
- The Grands biscuits can be substituted with regular biscuits. If using regular biscuits, use two 6-ounce or one 12-ounce can (10 biscuits total) and cut each biscuit into quarters.
- You can substitute the cream of chicken with herb soup with regular cream of chicken soup. I like to add ½ teaspoon of dried basil and ½ teaspoon of dried oregano when using regular cream of chicken soup.
- I prefer full-fat sour cream and whole milk in this recipe for a creamier filling; however, fat-free will work just as well.
- There is no need to thaw the veggies beforehand. Add them frozen, and they will heat through while cooking.
- Use freshly shredded cheese rather than the pre-shredded bagged kind. Pre-shredded bagged cheese contains anti-clumping agents that cause it not to melt as well.
- I do not recommend making this recipe in advance as the biscuits do not puff up as much once covered in the chicken mixture. You can, however, make the chicken mixture in advance and fold in the cut biscuits right before baking. Store the chicken mixture in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
MORE EASY WEEKNIGHT DINNER RECIPES:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 (10-ounce) can of condensed chicken soup with herbs
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can of refrigerated biscuits (Grands 8-count)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9x13-inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add all the ingredients except the biscuits to a large bowl and mix until well combined.
- Cut each biscuit into eight pieces and gently fold them into the chicken mixture.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared baking pan and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 347Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 82mgSodium 448mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 4gSugar 5gProtein 21g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.