The fresh flavors of summer come together in this Strawberry Watermelon Smoothie Recipe. Perfect for breakfast or a snack, this smoothie is a blend of frozen strawberries, watermelon, yogurt and protein powder.
WATERMELON STRAWBERRY SMOOTHIE
What a great way to start the day or a nice treat on a hot afternoon. These STRAWBERRY WATERMELON SMOOTHIES come together in 5 minutes and leave you feeling nourished.
These smoothies are a great way to use up leftover watermelon and strawberries. Simple ingredients combined to make one flavorful treat!
- The frozen strawberries can be swapped with any other frozen fruit you prefer.
- Fresh strawberries can be used, the smoothie will be slightly thinner consistency.
- Add a banana to make this a creamy smoothie.
- Protein powder is completely optional.
HOW TO PICK A RIPE WATERMELON:
Choose a watermelon with a creamy yellow spot. Thump it, if it sounds somewhat hollow that is a good indication that it is ripe.
SMOOTHIE STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Use within 1-2 days.
MORE FRESH FRUIT RECIPES:
- 2 ½ cups frozen strawberries
- 4 cups diced fresh watermelon (about 1 mini watermelon)
- 1 tablespoon honey (maple syrup for vegan)
- ½ cup plain yogurt (dairy-free for vegan)
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder (optional)
Place all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
For a thinner smoothie, add in water or milk of choice 2 tablespoons at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 353Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 9mgSodium 98mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 7gSugar 42gProtein 31g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.