This fun twist on your favorite cookie is filled with S’mores goodness. S’mores Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies make a great summertime dessert that can be enjoyed inside or outside! Marshmallows, chocolate and graham crackers make this super chewy cookie recipe extra special.
I received a copy of Two In One Desserts to facilitate this review.
Okay, so confession time. I am not that into S’mores. There I said it. They are messy and awkward to eat. And the thought of mosquitos buzzing around my head while eat S’mores by a campfire just doesn’t appeal to me.
But these S’mores Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies are a whole different story. Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with the great flavor of s’mores but they are mess free and can be enjoyed in the comfort of my home. Perfect!
I can’t take credit for this fantastic cookie recipe. This is the creation of my friend, Hayley, a.k.a The Domestic Rebel. Her brand new cookbook, Two In One Desserts is available now at bookstores, on QVC and Amazon.
The theme of the book is taking two favorite desserts and merging them into one amazing treat, like these S’mores Cookies. An entire cookbook of unique, interesting and delicious desserts. Plus this cookbook has gorgeous pictures for every recipe! A few recipes that caught my attention are: Strawberry Pretzel Salad Pie, French Silk Pie Brownies and Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Cupcakes.
Make your life sweeter >> Order Your Copy of Two In One Desserts Now!
This thick batter makes the chewiest, ooey-gooeyest cookies. This recipe even worked here at my high altitude home (4k feet). Not all cookie recipes work up here in the mountains.
I mostly followed the recipe. I crunched my graham crackers in a gallon ziplock bag using a hammer (because I was being lazy and didn’t want to clean my food processor). And, I used a 2 ounce cookie scoop because I like my cookies big!
If you like cookies and you like s’mores chances are you are going to love this treat! Plus, mini dehydrated marshmallows are, like, the best thing ever!
Here are some items you may need for this recipe: (affiliate links)
- 12 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter, (room temp)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Granulated White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Egg Yolk
- 1 Tablespoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 Cup Graham Cracker Crumbs
- 3/4 Cup Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 3/4 Cups Mallow Bits, (dehydrated marshmallows)
- In large bowl, cream together butter, brown sugar and white sugar with electric hand mixer.
- Add egg, egg yolk and vanilla. Mix well.
- Add baking soda, cornstarch, salt, flour and graham cracker crumbs until thick dough forms. Fold in chocolate chips and marshmallow bits.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight (or at least 2 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone liner.
- Using 2oz cookie scoop, scoop dough and transfer to baking sheet (2 inches apart). Gently press down to flatten cookie dough tops.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges just begin to turn golden. Cookies will be slightly underdone when removed from oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5-10 minutes then transfer to cooling rack.
- (optional) Break Hershey's chocolate squares in half and tuck into tops of cookies after removing from oven.
This makes approximately 14 large cookies. Or use a Tablespoon sized scoop to make 22-24 cookies.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!