Easy Fall Vegetable Soup
Soup is perfect for the cooler months because it is so warm, filling and nutritious. Also, you can make a big pot of soup for very little money and effort.
- 2-3 Gold Potatoes - Cubed, 1½ cups
- 1 Medium Sweet Potato - Peeled & Chopped, 2 cups
- Butternut Squash - Cubed, 2½ cups
- 2 Large Carrots - Chopped, 1½ cups
- 2 Celery Stalks - Chopped, ½ cup
- 1/2 Sweet Onion - Chopped, ½ cup
- 6-7 Garlic Cloves - Finely Chopped
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- 4½ Cups Vegetable Stock *, or chicken stock for non-vegan
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- Small Pinch of Pepper
- ⅛ tsp Cumin
- ¼ tsp Fresh Thyme
- Teeny-Tiny Sprinkle of Cinnamon
- 1/2 Cup Red Split Lentils
- 2 Stalks of Kale - Stems Removed & Chopped
- Heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onions, celery, carrots and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the squash and potatoes. Cook for 3 more minutes.
- Add the vegetable or chicken stock, salt, pepper, cumin, cinnamon and thyme.
- Increase heat to medium/high and bring to a full boil.
- Add the lentils and kale.
- Cook until lentils are tender.
- Serve as a chunky soup or puree with an immersion blender.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
**If cooking on the stove top: increase heat to medium and gently boil for 30 minutes. Add the lentils and kale, cook for another 15 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked through. Serve as a chunky soup or puree with an immersion blender. Salt and Pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 1mgSodium 511mgCarbohydrates 35gFiber 7gSugar 8gProtein 6g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.