This Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe is a fantastic wintertime side dish. An easy, healthy and versatile option for weeknight dinner ideas or your holiday feasts. Delicata Squash has a mild flavor and creamy texture that everyone will love! This recipe is Paleo, Whole 30 and Keto as well as Vegan, Gluten Free, Dairy Free and Low Carb.
How To Cook Delicata Squash
There are many ways to cook delicata squash. You can skillet cook it, stuff it, turn it into soup or roast it. Some people sweeten it with brown sugar while others top it with cheese. This versatile squash has a mild flavor that can be enjoyed in a variety of ways.
I like to keep things simple in general, so, my preferred method is to Oven Roast Delicata Squash with a touch of salt and pepper.
This Roasted Delicata Squash Recipe lets the squash shine on its own. Plus, it is great with just about any meal.
How Do You Prepare Delicata Squash
Just thoroughly wash the outer skin because there is no need to peel this squash. The skin is thin enough to be eaten (and quite tasty). Cut off the ends, slice the squash in half, lengthwise then scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash into 1/2 inch rings then proceed with the recipe.
Is Delicata Squash Healthy
Yes! It is high in fiber, vitamin A and C. This squash is low in calories, carbs and is gluten free.
What tools do you need for this recipe?
What should you serve this with?
This squash will compliment just about any main course. Here are a few recipes to get you started →
- 2 Medium Delicata Squash
- 2 Tablespoons Oil (avocado, olive or algae)
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Prepare squash: thoroughly wash the outer skin. Cut off the ends, slice the squash in half lengthwise then scoop out the seeds. Slice the squash into 1/2 inch rings and transfer to a large bowl.
- Toss squash with oil, salt and pepper. Transfer to a greased rimmed baking sheet and arrange in an even layer.
- Roast for 10 minutes then flip squash. Roast 10 more minutes. Broil on high for 2-3 minutes to brown the tops.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!