Be your own barista with terrific home brewed coffee and this Cinnamon Vanilla Paleo Vegan Coffee Creamer Recipe! With this dairy free coffee creamer, enjoy coffee house style in the comfort of your home.
Why make homemade coffee creamer with coconut milk?
Not only does coconut milk creamer add a touch of nutty flavor, but it is a way to create a diary free coffee creamer. This Vegan Coffee Creamer is thick and indulgent thanks to coconut milk. The cinnamon and vanilla add natural flavor that will perk up your cup of coffee.
How To Make Homemade Creamer?
Step 1: Choose your base, in this case it is coconut milk. But you can use almond milk, oat milk, cream or milk.
Step 2: Add the flavors and sweetness. This recipe uses maple syrup to sweeten which is why it is Paleo and Vegan. But you can also use honey or omit the maple syrup to create a Whole 30 friendly coffee creamer.
Step 3: Heat ingredients on the stovetop until they begin to steam. Then let cool, transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate. Depending on the consistency of your coconut milk it may thicken in the refrigerator. I store my creamer in a lidded glass jar so I can shake it up before use if necessary.
Ingredients In Homemade Paleo Vegan Coffee Creamer:
- Canned Coconut Milk
- Maple Syrup
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Vanilla Bean
By the way, I am big on cold brew coffee. I use the pitcher below to easily make (and clean up after) cold brew coffee. I absolutely love this COLD BREW COFFEE MAKER!
More for the coffee fanatics:
- 2 Cans Coconut Milk, (full fat, reduced or a combo)
- 2-4 Tablespoons Maple Syrup*, (to taste preference)
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- Small Pinch Nutmeg, (optional)
- Pinch Sea Salt
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- In small saucepan, heat coconut milk over medium heat for approximately 10-15 minutes or until it begins steaming. Stir occasionally while heating.
- Once coconut milk is steaming add the maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Whisk until fully incorporated.
- Turn off burner. Scrape the vanilla beans from inside the pod and mix into coconut milk. Then drop the entire pod into mixture. Let sit and cool completely then remove/discard pod. Strain if needed.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store creamer in the refrigerator.
*Omit maple syrup for Whole 30 option.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 147Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 12gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 0mgSodium 20mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 4gProtein 1g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support! Nutrition information on this recipe is approximate.15