Make this Creamy Roasted Garlic Parsnip Soup Recipe to warm you up on chilly Winter days. Just 5 ingredients and about 30 minutes to make this healthy meal that is perfect for a vegetarian dinner!
I am proud to be partnering with Stonyfield and Simply Organic to bring you this tasty recipe! As always, all opinions are 100% mine.
It is still absolutely frozen here where I’m at. How about where you are? I have a good couple months left of soup season. Nothing warms you up quite like a comforting bowl of hot soup. This Creamy Roasted Garlic Parsnip Soup Recipe is a nice change from my usual favorites. Chicken Soup is typically my go-to recipe. But, I like to change it up and try new flavors and combos every now an then.
This Creamy Roasted Garlic Parsnip Soup Recipe is filling, comforting, easy and healthy. The roasted garlic and parsnips bring a truly unique flavor. The potatoes and Stonyfield Organic Double Cream Yogurt bring the silky, creamy texture. No soup is complete without toppings, the fresh parsley and Simply Organic Smoked Paprika are the perfect finishing touches. They also bring some much needed color to an otherwise beige soup. And smoked paprika is one my absolute favorite spices!
With about 5 ingredients and 30 minutes this soup comes together in a cinch! I keep roasted garlic on hand because I love it so much in just about any savory dish. Be sure to check out my tutorial on How To Roast Garlic if you haven’t done it before . . . it is life changing.
Here are a couple items you may need for this recipe: (affiliate links)
- 2 Russet Potatoes - peeled and chopped
- 1 Lb . Parsnips - peeled and chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Head Roasted Garlic, How To Roast Garlic
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Cup Stonyfield Double Cream plain Yogurt
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Simply Organic Smoked Paprika
- In a 3.5 quart dutch oven over medium/high heat, cook potatoes and parsnips in oil. Add a generous pinch of salt/pepper. Stir while cooking for 10 minutes or until lightly browned and beginning to soften.
- Add roasted garlic and water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium and simmer until largest chunks are tender.
- Remove pot from heat and carefully puree with immersion blender. Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.
- Reduce heat to medium/low and return pot to heat. Stir in plain yogurt and add water (or milk) until soup reaches desired consistency. (I usually add 1/2 cup of milk to get it to my preferred thickness) Stir and heat soup until hot and ready to serve.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley and smoked paprika.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!0