This Maple Glazed Ham Recipe is the perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas or Easter ham. A spiral ham coated in a sweet pecan maple glaze will be the shining star of your holiday meal.
GLAZED SPIRAL HAM
The holidays are not complete without a sticky sweet glazed spiral ham served with all of our favorite side dishes.
This ham is topped with maple, brown sugar and pecans. It is the perfect combination and great when served with sweet potatoes. A stunning ham that will be the hit of any holiday party!
HOW TO PREP A HAM BEFORE COOKING:
- Be sure to remove the plastic wrap as well as the plastic cap that many hams have on the bone.
- Discard any liquid in the packaging.
- Place ham cut side down in large roasting pan.
- A dash of vanilla or cinnamon would be a great addition to this glaze.
- Feel free to omit the pecans if preferred and serve as a plain glazed ham.
- Carrots can be cooked with the sweet potatoes as well.
- Use dark or light brown sugar.
- Feel free to cook more sweet potatoes to go with the ham.
STORAGE & REHEATING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 3-5 days.
- To reheat a spiral ham in an oven, cover the ham with aluminum foil and heat at 325 °F for about 10 minutes per pound. Individual slices may also be warmed in a skillet or microwave.
WHAT TO SERVE WITH HOLIDAY HAM:
HOW TO USE LEFTOVER HAM:
- 1 Fully Cooked Spiral Sliced Bone-In Ham (9-12 pounds)
- 8 tablespoons Butter, divided
- 1 cup Maple Syrup, divided
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ cup Crushed Pecans
- 2 Sweet Potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove your ham from the package, discard the liquid.
- Place your ham cut side down in a large baking dish or roasting pan.
- Place your cut sweet potatoes in the pan around the ham.
- In a small microwave safe bowl melt 4 tablespoons of butter. To the butter add ½ cup of maple syrup.
- Coat your ham with the butter syrup mixture.
- Place the ham into the oven, cook for 1 ½ to 2 hours (20 minutes per pound). Remove it 30 minutes before it is done.
- When it has 30 minutes left to cook, remove it from the oven.
- In a small bowl mix your brown sugar with the pecans. Coat the ham with sugar mixture.
- Return the ham back to the oven to finish cooking.
- Make the final glaze. In a small saucepan over medium heat combine 4 tablespoons of butter and the remaining ½ cup of maple syrup.
- While whisking, bring this mixture up to a slight bubble and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Remove your ham from the oven, drizzle with the glaze. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 229Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 27mgSodium 182mgCarbohydrates 30gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.