Baked Donuts Recipe
Yes, more Guinness and more donuts!
I have really been getting some use out of my donut pan lately.
I bought a six pack of Guinness for a Saint Patrick’s Day recipe. Well, I don’t drink so I have to use up the remaining Guinness in more recipes. I’m finding that Guinness is really great to use in recipes. It certainly has a very distinct and complex flavor.
And a little Guinness goes a long way!
These donuts do have a mild Guinness flavor. The beer really makes these baked donuts fluff up nicely.
If you don’t have any Guinness handy. Just use this Baked Vanilla Donut Recipe and the Irish Cream Glaze.
Irish Cream Liqueur is the star of this donut recipe. These creamy, boozy donuts are perfect along side a hot cup of coffee!
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1½ Tb Butter, room temp
- 1/3 Cup Guinness Extra Stout
- 1/2 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 tsp Irish Cream Liqueur
- 1 tsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside. (flour,baking powder and salt)
- Using a hand mixer, beat the sugar and butter together.
- Add the egg and mix.
- Mix in the Guinness. Blend until wet ingredients are smooth.
- Slowly add in the dry ingredients and mix just until fully incorporated.
- Spray donut pan with non-stick.
- Spoon the batter into the donut molds until about 2/3 full.
- Bake donuts for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the glaze ingredients together with a fork.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze.
- *For a less boozy glaze, decrease the amount of Irish Cream and add warm water until the mixture is the correct consistency*
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 228Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 39mgSodium 214mgCarbohydrates 39gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Booze & Donuts:5