Make this Chicken Breast Butter Lettuce Salad for a light and healthy dinner. Pan fried chicken breast with butter lettuce, radishes and avocado tossed with dijon vinaigrette.
A big leafy green salad with veggies and chicken breast is my favorite type of dinner, especially during the Spring and Summer seasons. Filling yet light at the same time. Not to mention all of the flavors and textures to satisfy your palate.
Add any favorite salad vegetables and use your preferred dressing to make this salad meal your own.
This salad has radishes and avocado in addition to the chicken and lettuce. Feel free to add your favorite salad veggies such as tomatoes, mushrooms, peppers, cheese, olives, etc.
This is a butter lettuce salad but spring greens, romaine or iceberg lettuce will work great too.
Feel free to top your salad with fish, shrimp, steak or tofu instead of chicken if you prefer.
SALAD STORAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
This salad is best served immediately after prepping. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It is best to store the salad and dressing separately.
MORE PROTEINS TO SERVE ON THIS SALAD:
MORE SALAD RECIPES:
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil + 1 tablespoon for frying
- 1 tablespoon blackened seasoning
- 1 head of butter lettuce
- 6 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 avocados, pits removed and sliced
- Chives, chopped for garnish
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 shallot, minced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- Honey, drizzle
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- Pat the chicken breasts with a paper towel.
- Drizzle olive oil and blackened seasoning on top of the chicken. Rub until all of the chicken is coated.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook for about 7 minutes on each side depending on thickness. Cook until an internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F. Transfer to a cutting board, let rest until ready to slice and serve.
- Make the dressing by whisking together all of the dressing ingredients (except for the olive oil). Gradually add in the olive oil and whisk until smooth. Season with salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste.
- Make the salad: add the lettuce to a platter, top with sliced chicken, radishes, and avocado slices.
- Drizzle the dressing over the top. Sprinkle with chives.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 564Total Fat 39gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 31gCholesterol 98mgSodium 1405mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 8gSugar 7gProtein 39g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.