This Beetroot Hummus Recipe is a healthy snack perfect for parties, potlucks and holidays. Traditional hummus with the addition of roasted beets.
If you love beets you will adore this hummus. Creamy hummus with the earthy one of a kid flavor of beets giving it the vibrant color.
Adjust the spices and seasoning to fit your tastes. The amount of oil, tahini and water can be adjusted for your preferred consistency.
MORE RECIPES WITH BEETS:
- 2 beets, roasted or steamed
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas ( 2 cans, drained)
- ¼ cup tahini paste
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ -⅓ cup filtered water, to adjust the thickness
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, you can add more water, lemon juice, or olive oil. Adjust salt to taste.
- To serve, garnish with ground cumin, sesame seeds, or fresh parsley. Serve with crackers, bread or veggies.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.
Use store bought cooked beets or cook them yourself at home.
To cook beets: peel the beetroot and remove tips. To roast the beetroot, chop it into quarters and roast it at 400F for 30-35 minutes, or until fork-tender. You can also cook it in a steamer over medium heat until tender.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 286Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 0mgSodium 220mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 7gSugar 6gProtein 10g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.