Make a batch of these English Tea Time Baked Donuts with Cream and Sugar Glaze for a fun tea party treat. Donuts infused with tea and topped with cream and sugar, of course!
Baked Donuts With Glaze
It must be the cool weather. I have been baking up donuts like they are going out of style. What better treat is there to enjoy with a mug of tea?
Getting the chance to create a warm and cozy recipe that highlights Bigelow Tea is super exciting! Not only is it my favorite brand but I love using tea to infuse flavor into desserts.
You may remember my Vanilla Chai Ice Cream. That is more appropriate for summertime. These Teatime Baked Donuts are perfect for the chilly winter months.
Fresh baked donuts with a piping hot cup of tea . . . add a comfy couch and fuzzy blanket and there is no need to leave the warmth of home.
These donuts are extra soft and moist. They have a mild tea flavor that is accentuated when you eat these while drinking a cup of tea.
The glaze is absolutely to die for! Remember to refrigerate any leftover donuts because the glaze is made with heavy cream.
- 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 English Teatime Tea Bags*
- 1 Cup AP Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1½ Tb Butter, room temp
- 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 3 Tb Heavy Cream
- Natural Cane Sugar for Sprinkling, optional
- In a microwave safe glass, microwave the 1/2 Cup water for 1½ minutes or until lightly boiling. Add the 3 tea bags and steep for 30 minutes.* Allow tea to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Mix dry ingredients and set aside. (flour, baking powder, salt)
- Using a hand mixer, mix the sugar and butter together.
- Add the egg and mix again.
- Mix in the tea liquid and continue mixing until fully incorporated.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients while mixing. Mix until batter is smooth and free of lumps.
- Spoon batter into greased donut pan.
- Bake at 325° for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a cooling rack.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix the powdered sugar and heavy cream together until smooth. This glaze will be extra thick.
- Dip the donuts into the glaze.
- Sprinkle with Cane Sugar. (optional)
- Serve immediately or refrigerate until served.
*add more tea bags for extra flavor if desired
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 47mgSodium 216mgCarbohydrates 42gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
One last thing to do: Nom! Nom! Nom Nom!