This Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe is an easy dinner made in your crockpot with just 4 ingredients! A pulled chicken sandwich with sweet and tangy honey mustard flavor!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info. Follow WonkyWonderful on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of the new recipes! This recipe was originally published on June 7, 2015.
Crockpot Chicken Recipe
I am most definitely a fan of the typical bbq pulled chicken sandwiches. But sometimes you want something a little different.
Back when I was a kid, chicken nuggets were my thing. (now, not so much, ewww)
That was back before every food was slathered and dipped in ranch dressing. So the popular chicken nugget dips were barbeque or honey mustard. I always chose the honey mustard. This memory came back to me when I was trying to create a Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that wasn’t barbeque.
I went back to my good ol’ honey mustard. But I ditched the nuggets and went for chicken thighs.
The best part is that this is a crockpot meal. And only 4 ingredients! No real prep. Just toss the chicken, honey, mustard and some water into the slow cooker and be on your way.
Thicken sauce with a little cornstarch slurry before serving. Then Enjoy!
I made a simple red/purple cabbage slaw the night before. Serve the pulled honey mustard chicken on a brioche bun and top with slaw.
BOOM! This ain’t yo’ chicken nuggets and dippers anymore. This is a primo meal made from real ingredients!
If you are looking for a unique and flavorful sandwich, give this Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe a try. It is as satisfying as a traditional bbq pulled chicken sandwich. But this sandwich isn’t weighed down with a ton of bbq sauce. The flavors are fresh and mild so that the chicken can really shine.
- 3 lbs Chicken Thighs, boneless, skinless
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Water, additional
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 Cups Red Cabbage, chopped or shredded
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt/Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Mix honey, mustard and the 1/4 cup water. Pour mixture into large slow cooker.
- Add chicken thighs to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-4½ hours.
- Mix 2 Tb water and cornstarch and add to the slow cooker. Shred chicken and cook for 20 more minutes or until thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Serve honey mustard chicken on a soft roll with slaw on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 399Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 208mgSodium 498mgCarbohydrates 15gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 42g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.