This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms®.
This Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe is an easy dinner made in your crockpot with just 4 ingredients! A pulled chicken sandwich with sweet and tangy honey mustard flavor!
I am most definitely a fan of the typical bbq pulled chicken sandwiches. But sometimes you want something a little different.
Back when I was a kid, chicken nuggets were my thing. (now, not so much, ewww)
That was back before every food was slathered and dipped in ranch dressing. So the popular chicken nugget dips were barbeque or honey mustard. I always chose the honey mustard. This memory came back to me when I was trying to create a Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe that wasn’t barbeque.
I went back to my good ol’ honey mustard. But I ditched the nuggets and went for Foster Farms® Simply Raised chicken.
Foster Farms Simply Raised (antibiotic free) is available now at major supermarkets and retailers on the West Coast. There are so many great things about Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken . . . No Antibiotics are administered, 100 percent vegetarian feed, American Humane Certified, Raised cage-free, 100 percent natural (minimally processed, no additives or preservatives, steroids or hormones), Produced with no added sodium and Simply Raised is locally grown throughout CA, OR, and WA.
The best part is that this is a crockpot meal. And only 4 ingredients!
No real prep. Just toss the chicken, honey, mustard and some water into the slow cooker and be on your way.
Thicken sauce with a little cornstarch slurry before serving. Then Enjoy!
I made a simple red/purple cabbage slaw the night before. Serve the pulled honey mustard chicken on a brioche bun and top with slaw.
BOOM! This ain’t yo’ chicken nuggets and dippers anymore. This is a primo meal made from real ingredients!
If you are looking for a unique and flavorful sandwich, give this Shredded Chicken Sandwich Recipe a try. It is as satisfying as a traditional bbq pulled chicken sandwich. But this sandwich isn’t weighed down with a ton of bbq sauce. The flavors are fresh and mild so that the chicken can really shine.
And if you are looking for quality chicken, give Foster Farms® Simply Raised a try!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 3 lbs Foster Farms Simply Raised Thigh Fillets boneless, skinless
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 3 Tablespoons Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 2 Tablespoons Water additional
- 2 teaspoons Cornstarch
- 2 Cups Red Cabbage chopped or shredded
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil
- 3 Tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar
- Pinch of Salt/Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons Honey
- 2 teaspoons Sugar
- Mix honey, mustard and the 1/4 cup water. Pour mixture into large slow cooker.
- Add chicken thighs to slow cooker and toss with sauce.
- Cook on low for 4-4½ hours.
- Mix 2 Tb water and cornstarch and add to the slow cooker. Shred chicken and cook for 20 more minutes or until thickened.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix all ingredients. Refrigerate overnight for best results.
- Serve honey mustard chicken on a soft roll with slaw on top.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Foster Farms®.1