Make this Pecan Bacon Cheese Ball for a crowd-pleasing appetizer. Cream cheese formed into a ball then coated with bacon, pecans and green onions.
MAKING A CHEESE BALL APPETIZER
Cheese balls are always a hit at parties, holidays or on game-day. It is basically a cream cheese dip served in a super fun way. There are so many flavor varieties, this recipe is fairly basic with a few spices, bacon, pecans and green onions.
Great served with crackers, bread, pretzels and/or veggies.
- The green onions can be omitted altogether or swapped with chopped parsley.
- The Everything Bagel Seasoning is not absolutely necessary. Feel free to use your favorite seasoning blend.
- A splash of Worcestershire sauce or your favorite hot sauce is a great addition.
CAN YOU MAKE A CHEESE BALL IN ADVANCE?
Yes, in fact the flavors get better if made a day or even 2 days prior to your event. Securely wrap in plastic or seal in an airtight container then store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
MORE CHEESEBALL RECIPES:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded triple cheddar cheese
- ½ cup cooked chopped bacon
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- 1-2 tbsp milk (to desired consistency)
- 2 tsp everything bagel seasoning (optional)
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Salt/Pepper - to taste
- In a medium-size bowl add the cream cheese, shredded cheddar, all seasonings, and milk. Mix with a hand mixer, until well combined.
- Add half of the bacon bits, half of the scallions, and half of the pecans. Mix.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on the counter or flat work space. Place the cheese ball in the middle of the plastic wrap. Bring the corners up to fully wrap the cheese ball within the plastic wrap. Form it into a ball.
- Put the cheeseball in the fridge for 20 minutes to firm.
- In a shallow bowl, add the remaining chopped pecans, bacon bits and scallions.
- Remove cheeseball from the fridge. Roll the cheeseball around in the prepared shallow bowl and make sure the whole ball is coated.
- Serve with crackers, bread, veggies, pretzels, etc.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 22gSaturated Fat 10gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 49mgSodium 401mgCarbohydrates 4gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 8g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.