This Ham 15 Bean Soup Recipe is great wintertime comfort food. Use up those holiday ham leftovers in this ham bean soup.
15 Bean Soup with Ham
Don’t toss out that leftover hambone after the holidays. Leftover ham makes the absolute best bean soup. 15 bean soup is a bean blend that well, just as the name states, it has a lot of different beans. Perfect for those of us that love food with a variety of colors, flavors and textures.
Ingredients Needed For Ham Bean Soup (screenshot for grocery list)
- Bag of 15 Bean Soup Beans
- Yellow Onion
- Ham Bone – Ham Chunks
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Dried Italian Season
How To Make Ham and Bean Soup
- Rinse dried beans and check for rocks. Transfer to large pot, cover with several inches of water. Soak beans over night then rinse again.
- Cut leftover ham from the bone then into chunks, refrigerate.
- Heat oil in large dutch oven pot over medium/high heat. Saute onion, carrots and celery 4-5 minutes while stirring. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute.
- Add water, hambone and beans to pot. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover. Simmer 90 minutes.
- Remove ham bone from pot. Add crushed tomatoes, half of the 15 bean soup flavor packet, Italian seasoning and ham chunks. Simmer 15-20 more minutes or until beans are tender. Salt and pepper to taste.
More Recipes For Leftover Ham
More Soup Recipes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 367Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 34mgSodium 2983mgCarbohydrates 53gFiber 20gSugar 14gProtein 26g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.