This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Silk.
Just in time to celebrate Mardi Gras, these Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts will get the party started! Inspired by the famous New Orleans King Cake. These dairy free cake donuts are flavored with cinnamon and decorated with traditional Mardi Gras colors!
While I made these donuts for Mardi Gras. They can be decorated in any colors that you prefer. Pink glaze dipped in red sprinkles would be cute. Or white glazed donuts dipped in red and blue sugar for a patriotic donut. The possibilities are endless.
Or, ahem, cream cheese glaze for an Awesome cinnamon bun donut. Of course, don’t do that if you want these donuts to be dairy free.
Yes. You read that right. These Baked Cinnamon Doughnuts are dairy free!
New Silk Cashewmilk is the secret ingredient. It is extra thick and creamy making it the perfect replacement for butter and milk that would usually be in a donut recipe.
Silk Cashewmilk creates the perfect match between creamy and delicious with fewer calories!
New Silk Cashewmilk has 50% more calcium than dairy milk with only 60 calories per serving! So switching to Silk is an easy way to start adding more plants to your diet.
Sign Up for the Silk Newsletter to receive deals, coupons and more!!!
You may not be able to make the trip to the French Quarter for Mardi Gras. But you can make these fun and festive donuts!
Let The Good Times Roll!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1/2 Cup Silk Cashewmilk
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons Silk Cashewmilk, to desired consistency
- 1 Drop Purple Gel Color
- Gold & Green Sugar Sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 325°F
- Mix flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Mix egg, sugar and cashewmilk.
- Slowly mix in dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to donut pan sprayed with nonstick.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Transfer donuts to cooling rack.
- Mix powdered sugar, cashewmilk and food coloring until smooth.
- Dip cooled donuts into glaze and return to rack.
- While glaze is still wet; hold piece of foil over half of donut while sprinkling colored sugar on the other half.
- Refrigerate donuts for 5-10 minutes to allow glaze to set.
More Silk Milk Goodies. . .
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.