Enjoy your favorite afternoon tea flavor in a cold and creamy treat with this Vanilla Chai Ice Cream Recipe! Homemade ice cream is so easy to make and the flavor possibilities are endless.
Homemade Ice Cream Recipe
Yep! Yep! More ice cream, I just can’t help myself! I eat ice cream all throughout winter.
This Vanilla Chai Ice Cream Recipe is perfect for winter. It has the cool, creamy texture and the slightly spicy chai flavor. I used my favorite tea, Bigelow Vanilla Chai. But feel free to use your preferred chai tea brand or flavor.
It is no secret that I LOVE Ice Cream! I also love ice cream scoops . . . I own enough scoops to be considered a collector.
Anyways, back to this Vanilla Chai Ice Cream Recipe. For this ice cream recipe I finally tried adding xanthan gum to create a softer more scoopable consistency. It works great! But if you do not have xanthan gum it can be easily omitted.
You must make this immediately, especially if you love chai tea!
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 Cup Ultrafine Sugar
- 4 Chai Tea Bags
- 1 tsp Vanilla Paste or Extract
- 1/4 tsp Xanthan Gum *, optional
- In a medium saucepan over medium/low heat; whisk together the heavy cream, milk and sugar.
- Heat and whisk frequently until liquid begins to steam and is hot to the touch (but Not boiling).
- Remove from heat and add the tea bags and the vanilla to the liquid.
- Cover and allow to steep for about 1 hour.
- Gently squeeze the tea bags while removing, then discard.
- Sprinkle the xanthan gum into the liquid while whisking vigorously.
- Transfer liquid to a container and chill in the fridge until completely cold. (at least 4 hours)
- Place your desired ice cream container into the freezer.
- Churn the creamy chai mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the churning process is complete, transfer to the cold ice cream container.
- Cover and freeze for 2-3 hours before serving.
*Xanthan Gum makes the ice cream softer and easier to scoop straight out of the freezer.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 191Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 40mgSodium 35mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gSugar 17gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.