Make this SOY HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN BREAST for a flavorful chicken dinner. Baked chicken breast slathered with a honey soy sauce glaze.
GLAZED CHICKEN BREAST
This saucy chicken breast recipe is sure to be a dinnertime hit. Juicy boneless chicken breast slathered in a delicious Asian inspired glaze. Serve with rice, veggies or your favorite side dish.
Can you use chicken thighs? Yes. If using boneless chicken thighs, bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until an internal temperature reaches 165˚F.
MORE CHICKEN DINNER RECIPES:
- ¼ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ lime, juiced, plus lime wedges for serving
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch, optional to thicken the sauce at the end
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- Green onions, sliced for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease a 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray and set aside.
- Make the Asian glaze sauce by combining soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, honey, rice wine vinegar, garlic, ginger, and lime juice in a medium mixing bowl. Whisk until thoroughly incorporated and set aside.
- Season the chicken breasts on both sides with garlic powder, dried thyme, and dried basil.
- Transfer chicken breasts to the prepared baking dish. Pour the glaze mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue to bake for an additional 10 minutes. Baste chicken with the sauce a couple of times while it cooks.
- Thicken the sauce: Remove chicken from the oven and carefully scoop out 3 tablespoons of the sauce into a small mixing bowl. Whisk in 1 tablespoon of cornstarch until fully combined.
- Pour the cornstarch slurry into the baking dish and whisk it into the sauce.
- Place the chicken back in the oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken and serve garnished with lime wedges and green onions.
Chicken is cooked through when the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165˚F on an instant-read thermometer.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 278Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 97mgSodium 807mgCarbohydrates 20gFiber 2gSugar 13gProtein 38g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.