This Grilled Green Tomato Salsa Recipe is perfect for using up those green tomatoes! An easy green salsa verde with smoky grilled flavor. The perfect summertime appetizer!
I’m always trying to come up with new ways to use green tomatoes. I just love the tangy flavor!
Fried green tomatoes are great, but this green tomato salsa recipe is a nice change.
I’ve made green tomato salsa verde before. This time I grilled the green tomatoes to give it a smoky bbq flavor.
And let me tell you . . . Grilled Is The Way To Go!
I could eat this straight out of the bowl! Of course, this salsa is fantastic with chips. We grilled some chicken breasts and served the green tomato salsa on top. I recommend giving it a try for a new twist on barbecued chicken.
This salsa recipe is super simple. Just grill the tomatoes long enough to get a little char. Don’t grill too long or they will begin to fall apart and you will have a hard time removing them from the grill.
Puree all the ingredients to your desired consistency. I wanted a restaurant style salsa but you could go for chunky style instead.
That’s It! Eat It!
- 1½ lbs Green Tomatoes - sliced 3/4 inch thick
- Olive Oil/Salt/Pepper
- 1/2 Small Yellow Onion - chopped
- 1 Small Jalapeno - deseeded & chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- Juice of 1 Lime
- Fresh Cilantro - to taste
- Coat green tomato slices with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill on barbecue until each side is slightly charred. Do not grill too long or the slices will be difficult to remove from bbq.
- Combine green tomatoes with all other ingredients in food processor.
- Pulse to desired consistency.
Recipe yields approximately 2 cups.
It’s SALSA Time!!!
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Thanks for your support!