These EASY GLUTEN FREE BROWNIES are made with cocoa, dairy free chocolate morsels and they are refined sugar free. Don’t let that scare you off, these homemade fudgy brownies are decadent and perfect for those chocolate cravings!
I am proud to be partnering with Rodelle to bring you this tasty recipe.
How Do You Make Gluten Free Brownies?
I kept this Gluten Free Brownies Recipe simple. There are no weird ingredients that will be difficult to find. The base of these fudgy brownies is made with almond flour, almond butter and cocoa. Nowadays you can find almond flour just about anywhere.
The real reason these brownies are so amazing is the chocolate factor. I use Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa to give the brownies that unbelievable fudgy texture and flavor. The chocolate chunks and drizzle are an added chocolate bonus!
I’ve come to truly love Rodelle products and the Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa is one of my favorites. Before I tried Rodelle, I had no idea that using a high quality cocoa could make such a difference in baking. Let me tell you . . . it makes a HUGE difference.
Seriously, I’m all for using basic products when it doesn’t really make a difference. But some ingredients can make or break a recipe taking it from mediocre to magnificent. Baking cocoa is one of those ingredients that quality does matter.
Like I said, this Gluten Free Brownies Recipe is easy. The ingredients in the photo below are all you need.
What Ingredients Do You Need For These Brownies:
- Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Almond Butter
- Avocado Oil
- Large Egg
- Dairy Free Chocolate Chunks
No special gadgets are needed for this recipe. Just a bowl, spoon and square pan.
You wouldn’t want to use a mixer because you do not want to over-mix your batter. Stir with a spoon until the ingredients come together then fold in the chocolate chunks.
Why are the brownies not fully Paleo complaint?
I’m a bit of a stickler for the rules. Seriously, I’ve never had as much as a parking ticket 😆 I see brownies all over the internet that are labeled as Paleo but are made with regular chocolate chips. Chocolate chips have sugar.
I use dairy free chocolate chips because those are easy to track down in my local grocery stores. There are dairy and sugar free chocolate chip options out there but they are not easy to find. And I cannot say if they taste good or not. I would guess NOT, but I could be wrong.
Also, baking powder is not allowed in strict Paleo recipes. I tried to make this with baking soda and it did technically work. But, the brownies were not perfect so I switched to baking powder.
If you do want to make these brownies Paleo you will need to use the Paleo compliant chocolate chips and use 1/2 teaspoon baking soda instead of the baking powder. And expect that the brownies will not look as gorgeous as the ones in these photos.
So what have we learned?
- Baking Cocoa Quality Makes A Difference. Buy The Good Stuff: Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa
- Do Not Over-mix Your Brownie Batter
- People Need To Stop Labeling Recipes As Paleo If They Include Sugar
- Decadent Chocolate Desserts Don’t Always Have To Be Sinful
- 1/2 Cup Almond Butter, (room temp)
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Large Egg
- 3/4 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/4 Cup Rodelle Organic Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Chocolate Morsels
- 1 teaspoon Avocado Oil
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper (Pro Tip: crumple it up first and it will stay in place better)
- In large bowl, mix almond butter, oil and honey. Stir in egg.
- In separate bowl, combine almond flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Mix until there are no lumps. Add to wet ingredients and stir just until the ingredients are combined. Do not over-mix.
- Fold in chocolate morsels then transfer batter to prepared pan.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until brownies are almost completely cooked through the middle. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Remove brownies & parchment from pan and cut into squares. Then drizzle with chocolate. Let chocolate drizzle set then serve.
- In small glass bowl, microwave chocolate and oil in 30 second increments stirring between until melted. (30-60 seconds)