Make up a batch of these Broken Glass Candy Donuts for Halloween breakfast or for horror movie night. Your preferred donuts topped with thick white glaze, edible glass candy and corn syrup blood.
These donuts are perfect for Horror Movie fans or to serve on Halloween. You can even buy donuts at your local donut shop to make this a super easy treat. This recipe is for the Broken Glass Candy and Corn Syrup Blood toppings.
Or, make a batch of cupcakes with white icing for a broken glass cupcake version.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO MAKE GLASS HARD CANDY?
- Corn Syrup
- Candy Thermometer
Note: If you want to add flavoring or color to your candy, stir in a 1/4 teaspoon each just before transferring mixture to parchment paper to cool.
MORE SCARY HALLOWEEN HORROR RECIPES:
- 6 Donuts w/ White Icing
- 1 cup of Sugar
- 6 tablespoons of Water
- ⅓ cup of Corn Syrup
- ½ cup of Corn Syrup
- 1 tablespoon of Corn Starch
- Red Food Coloring
- Line a rimmed cooking sheet with parchmanet paper. Set aside.
- Begin by adding your sugar, water and corn syrup (⅓ cup) to a pot.
- Bring to a boil and continue to boil until it reaches 300ºF using a candy thermometer.
- Pour onto cookie sheet, lined with parchment paper.
- Let sit at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours, until hardened.
- Use a spoon to break up into pieces.
- In a small mixing bowl add your corn syrup (½ cup), corn starch and several drops of red food coloring.
- Mix until well combined.
- Drizzle mixture over donuts.
- Add pieces of edible glass to donuts
- Serve and enjoy!
CORN SYRUP BLOOD:
Supplies: Candy Thermometer, Cookie Sheet, Parchment Paper
Check out this yeast donut recipe: DONUTS
This is a basic white glaze recipe: Mix 3/4 Cup Powdered Sugar with 3 Tb Heavy Cream (double recipe for extra thick glaze on donuts)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 547Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 18mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 104gFiber 1gSugar 87gProtein 4g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.