This Tequila Lime Chicken Quinoa Bowl is healthy, nutritious, satisfying and tasty! Made with simple and natural ingredients, this is great for lunch, dinner and meal prep. This recipe is dairy free, gluten free and can be Paleo compliant if served over cauliflower rice.
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Altos Tequila. All opinions are 100% mine. This post contains affiliate links.
Tequila Lime Chicken Quinoa Bowl Recipe
When you are trying to eat healthy it can be difficult to find recipes that are also easy and flavorful. No one should have to live on bland food and salads!
This Tequila Lime Chicken Quinoa Bowl is packed with nutritious ingredients but is definitely not lacking in flavor. Lean chicken breast is cooked with a tequila, lime and honey glaze. The glaze is made with just three ingredients and takes this meal to a whole new level!
I love making simple quinoa bowls, especially during the summer months. This is a great light meal that will keep you full for hours.
What if you do not eat quinoa?
No problem. This chicken can be served over cauliflower rice. That will make it Paleo compliant too.
What else can you add to this quinoa bowl?
Most anything that you would add to a taco or burrito bowl will work great. Tomatoes, peppers, cheese, beans and onions to name a few.
What tools do you need for this recipe?
You’ll need a good Baking Dish and Meat Thermometer. For meal prep, I use these Glass Meal Prep Containers with Lids. Quality, sharp knives are always good to have in your kitchen. I use these Chef’s Foundry Ceramic Knives and LOVE them!
Here are a few more recipes to get your fiesta started →
- 2 Lbs Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Avocado Oil
- 2 Tablespoons Tequila
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- Juice of 1 Small Lime
- 2 Cups Cooked Quinoa or Cauliflower Rice
- Preheat oven to 375◦F
- Pound chicken breasts to an even thickness (approx. 1 inch thickness).
- Grill tops in a lightly oiled grill pan over medium/high heat for 3-4 minutes or until marks appear. Transfer to oiled roasting dish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. (The grilling step is optional. Chicken breasts can be baked only)
- Bake for 20 minutes. Mix honey, lime and tequila. Pour mixture over chicken (reserve a little for serving). Return chicken to oven and continue cooking for 5- 10 minutes or until the internal temperature of the chicken reaches 165◦F.
- Serve chicken over cooked quinoa. Top with fresh cilantro, limes, avocado salt/pepper and the remaining glaze.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!