Busy weeknight dinners just got easier. These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are nutritious, easy, tasty and ready in 30 minutes or less! If you’re craving Mexican food, skip the restaurant and make your fajitas at home. This recipe is Paleo compliant, Whole30, Dairy Free, Gluten Free and Grain Free.
This post contains affiliate links.
A few weeks ago it dawned on me that I have zero Sheet Pan Dinner Recipes on this site. The closest thing to a sheet pan meal are these Spicy Baked Shrimp. How did this happen!?!? 😆
I decided to solve this problem and began working on several new recipes. The first and most obvious being these Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas.
This is a great weeknight dinner recipe because it only requires a bit of slicing, then toss everything on the sheet pan. Boom . . . Done.
More Sheet Pan Recipes for your busy weeknights →
Can you prepare this meal ahead?
Yes! Pre-slice the chicken, onion and peppers then place them in a bag with the oil and spices. Refrigerate until ready then proceed to follow cooking instructions.
This also makes fantastic leftovers which is why it is perfect for meal prep.
How should you serve these Chicken Fajitas?
These can be served with tortillas (there are gluten/grain free tortillas at most stores if needed), over regular rice, with quinoa or over cauliflower rice ← that’s how I do it 😃
Don’t forget the extras: avocado, cilantro, limes and pico de gallo!
What tools do you need for this recipe?
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- If you can find pre -sliced chicken or peppers at your grocery store, this is a great time saver!
- The thinner you slice the chicken and peppers, the quicker this meal will cook. If you’re in a hurry be sure to slice everything on the thinner side.
- Feel free to add green bell pepper to this recipe. I just don’t prefer the green peppers so I leave them off.
- If you are sensitive to spicy, just omit the cayenne.
Busy weeknight dinners just got easier. These Sheet Pan Chicken Fajitas are nutritious, easy, tasty and ready in 30 minutes or less! If you're craving Mexican food, skip the restaurant and make your fajitas at home. This recipe is Paleo compliant, Whole30, Dairy Free, Gluten Free and Grain Free.
- 1 Lb Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast (cut into strips)
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (seeds/stem removed, sliced)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (seeds/stem removed, sliced)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper (seeds/stem removed, sliced)
- 1 Red or White Onion (sliced)
- 1/4 Cup Olive or Avocado Oil
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
Preheat oven to 400ºF
In a large bowl, toss all ingredients together. Transfer to a greased, rimmed baking sheet.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. (time will vary depending on thickness of chicken)
*optional* Broil on high the last 2-3 minutes to get a little golden brown on the chicken and peppers.
Serve with tortillas, over rice, with quinoa or over cauliflower rice.
Extras: Avocado, limes, cilantro and pico de gallo.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to purchase. . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!