Skillet Steak with Bacon Brussels Sprouts is a hearty meal that is sure to satisfy your family. Certified Angus Beef® brand Strip Steak cooked to perfection and topped with flavorful Horseradish Butter! Everyone will love Brussels sprouts after they taste these. Brussels sprouts skillet fried in bacon fat then tossed with crunchy bacon!
My first secret to a perfect steak dinner is choosing premium beef. It is a must! Certified Angus Beef® brand produces the very highest quality beef. When you see Certified Angus Beef ® brand logo, beef has met 10 standards for premium quality, including abundant marbling.
My second secret to an amazing steak is Butter. Lots of Butter. Flavored Butter if possible. So, did you get that? . . . BUTTER.
I love grilled steaks. But, the skillet is my favorite way to cook a steak because it is so fast and convenient. Perfect for a hectic weeknight dinner. That way steak doesn’t have to be reserved for weekend dinners.
Check out my video and see how quick and easy it is to make Skillet Steak with Certified Angus Beef® brand and those amazing Bacon Brussels Sprouts!
I was inspired by this recipe for Grilled Steaks and Brussels Sprouts on the Certified Angus Beef® website.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1/4 Cup Salted Butter - room temp
- 1/2 teaspoon Fresh Ground Horseradish, or 1 tsp for spicy
Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Cup Chopped Cooked Bacon, reserve 2 Tb bacon grease
- 2 Tb Bacon Grease
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts - trimmed & halved
- Fresh Cracked Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 Certified Angus Beef ® brand Strip Steaks, 12oz
- 3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- Thoroughly mix butter and horseradish with a fork. Set aside.
Bacon Brussels Sprouts
- In a large cast iron skillet, melt bacon grease over medium heat.
- Place brussels sprouts in skillet, flat side down. Cook for 1 minute on medium.
- Cover skillet with tinfoil, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Uncover, stir, add chopped bacon and cook for 2 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from heat and serve with steaks.
- Let steaks sit at room temp for 30 minutes before cooking.
- Heat large cast iron skillet and 1 tablespoon olive oil over Medium/High heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Coat each steak with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt/pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and place strip steaks in skillet.
- Pan fry steaks for 2-3 minutes, flip and cook for 2-3 more minutes or until desired doneness.
- Remove pan from heat. Top steaks with a generous dollop of horseradish butter. Allow steaks to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
The Certified Angus Beef ® brand supports local farmers and ranchers across the country, even the rural neighbors of your community. It’s a tradition of excellence spanning more than 35 years. The brand offers amazing beef you can count on every time you sit down at the table.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Certified Angus Beef via Burst Media. The opinions and text are all mine.