Make this easy and impressive appetizer for your next party. Prosciutto Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Goat Cheese and Fig Butter. Drizzle honey and sprinkle salt for the ultimate salty sweet snack!
Sometimes I get recipe inspiration while at the grocery store. That is exactly what led to these Stuffed Dates.
I was strolling through Costco when I spotted the most plump and juicy dates. So I grabbed them and began looking for more ingredients. I came upon prosciutto and knew immediately what I wanted to make.
While goat cheese is not my favorite, it is perfect for stuffed dates. It has a creamy consistency and doesn’t get too melty when heated.
And well, I love figs in just about anything!
These Prosciutto Wrapped Dates can be served cold or hot. I prefer to bake them. But I certainly wouldn’t turn down the cold option.
Best part, they can be made the day before your party. Then just serve or bake before serving.
These may not be the prettiest appetizer. But what they lack in beauty they make up for in deliciousness!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 25-30 Medjool Dates
- 4 ounces Fresh Goat Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Fig Butter, or fig jam
- 6 ounces Thinly Sliced Prociutto - cut into smaller strips
- Honey and Maldon Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Slice dates lengthwise down top and remove pits.
- Mix goat cheese and fig butter.
- Stuff each date with approximately 1 teaspoon of goat cheese mixture.
- Wrap each date with prosciutto.
- Transfer to baking sheet sprayed with nonstick and bake for 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Or serve cold without baking.
- Top each date with a drizzle of honey and sprinkle of salt. (optional)