This Slow Cooker Apple Barbeque Pulled Pork is a uniquely flavored pulled pork recipe. The sweet complex homemade barbecue sauce with the rich fatty pork makes this dinner amazing!
Bbq Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Barbecue Pulled Pork Sandwiches are one of those things I tend to crave during the summer months. That is why this Slow Cooker Apple Barbeque Pulled Pork is so great. You can make the pulled pork in the crockpot without heating up the entire house.
Make the slaw, layer it up on a bun and enjoy!
Don’t forget about the Slaw! Check out my Creamy Apple Cabbage Coleslaw recipe for the perfect addition to your pulled pork sandwich!
- 4-5 lb Bone-In Pork Shoulder Roast
- 1 large Onion
- 2 Tb Salt
- 2 Tb Pepper
- 2 Tb Olive Oil
- Cooking Liquid
- 2 cups Fresh Pressed Apple Juice*
- 1/4 cup Raw Apple Cider Vinegar (I use Bragg)
- 1 Tb Sea Salt
- 1 Tb Pepper
- 1/2 cup Organic Ketchup
- 1/2 Tb Unsulphured Molasses
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 5 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 2 Tb Whole Grain Dijon Mustard
- 2 Tb Honey
- Bbq Sauce
- 2 cups Strained Cooking Liquid
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Organic Ketchup
- Cover and cook on high heat for 6-7 hours or on low heat for 8-9 hours.
- Once the pork is done and falling off the bone, remove from the slow cooker.
- Transfer pork to a cutting board and pull apart.
- Before making the sauce I use a couple of slices of old bread to soak up some of the pork fat off of the top of the cooking liquid then discard fatty bread slices. (optional)
- Transfer 2 cups of strained cooking liquid to a small saucepan and add the brown sugar and ketchup. (add a bit more brown sugar for a sweet sauce)
- Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes or until thickened, stir regularly.
- This will be enough sauce for half of the pulled pork. If you will be eating all of the pork as bbq, double this sauce recipe.
Toss half of the pulled pork with the sauce and eat as is or on a sandwich roll/bun.
*Fresh Pressed or Not From Concentrate Apple Juice can be found in the refrigerated juice grocery section. I use Trader Joe's brand or Simply Apple brand.
Nutrition InformationYield 16 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 1747Total Fat 124gSaturated Fat 45gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 67gCholesterol 515mgSodium 1797mgCarbohydrates 16gFiber 1gSugar 13gProtein 134g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Another reminder to check out my Creamy Apple Cabbage Coleslaw . . . Click Here for the recipe.
“If you have an apple and I have an apple and we exchange these apples then you and I will still each have one apple. But if you have an idea and I have an idea and we exchange these ideas, then each of us will have two ideas.” – George Bernard Shaw