Yes, you read that right, Microwave Potato Chips! These super crispy potato chips are made without frying or any kind of oil . . . in the microwave! A quick, easy and healthy snack.
Easy Homemade Potato Chips
I have to admit that I was skeptical when I first heard of Microwave Potato Chips. It sounded too good to be true.
But, I’ll try anything once. And I sure am glad that I decided to give this a try.
These potato chips are extremely simple to make, especially if you own a mandoline. Flavor the chips however you want. Microwave for a couple minutes on each side. Then enjoy crunchy and flavorful chips!
I decided to make Salt and Vinegar Chips because that is my favorite flavor combo. Perfect for my salt cravings!
There is my favorite OXO kitchen gadget, the mandoline. It makes slicing potatoes a breeze. If you do not own a mandoline, just slice the potatoes as thin as possible with a knife. Hopefully your knife skills are better than mine.
These Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar Microwave Potato Chips remind me of a snack that would be enjoyed with a mug of warm beer, in a dark pub while listening to a folksy guitar player.
- 2 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- 1/4 -1/2 Cup Malt Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- Wash and peel potatoes. Slice as thin as possible with a knife or on the second setting of your mandoline.
- Pour some malt vinegar in the bottom of a 9x9 dish. Top with a layer of potato slices then add more vinegar. Repeat until all potatoes have been coated with vinegar.*
- Let potatoes sit in vinegar for 5 minutes, tossing once during that time.
- Line a flat microwave safe dish with parchment paper.
- Place potato slices in an even single layer on the parchment paper.
- Lightly sprinkle potato slices with salt.
- Microwave in 60-90 second increments until crispy. (Times will vary depending on microwave and thickness of potatoes.)**
- Turn over slices once tops begin to brown, about half way through.
- Continue to microwave potato slices in batches until all are crunchy and delicious.
- Serve & Enjoy Immediately!
*Skip the vinegar step for plain potato chips.
**I microwaved my chips for 2½-3 minutes, flipped then microwaved for another 1½-2 minutes.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 345Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 328mgCarbohydrates 78gFiber 7gSugar 18gProtein 9g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Snack On It:1