These Cream Filled Cupcakes are super easy to make and are sure to be a hit! Cake mix chocolate cupcakes are filled with luscious vanilla cream then topped with chocolate glaze frosting and sprinkles. This semi-homemade dessert recipe is just one of many treats from The Domestic Rebel’s new cookbook, Out of the Box Treats.
I’m typically a homemade, from-scratch kind of baker. I’m not sure why, I guess I just like to torture myself. I don’t particularly enjoy baking. I am more of a cook. Baking completely from scratch can be tedious if I’m not in the mood.
That is why these Cream Filled Cupcakes are so great. These cupcakes are semi-homemade with box cake mix. The filling is a blend of frosting and marshmallow fluff. And the frosting is homemade. Of course, you can use store bought frosting if you prefer. Or heck, you can use your favorite chocolate cupcake recipe if you enjoy baking from scratch. Either way these Cream Filled Cupcakes will be a crowd favorite!
This recipe is one of many semi-homemade desserts from my friend, Hayley’s new cookbook. Out of the Box Desserts is filled with indulgent treats that don’t require you to spend hours in the kitchen.
>>>CLICK HERE<<< to order your copy of Out of the Box Desserts! Life just got a little sweeter.
These cupcakes were dangerous for me to have around my house. Cream filled anything and I am there!
Here is a photo from my WonkyWonderful Instagram. I literally stuffed my face with cupcakes. . .breakfast, lunch and dinner! Hey, I didn’t say I was proud of it. I’m just saying it happened.
Tomorrow is another day. I’ll eat a salad or something.
So, I think we have established that I enjoyed these Chocolate Galaxy Cupcakes (a little too much). Here are a few more recipes from the book that I am looking forward to
stuffing into my face sampling:
Mint Cookie Overload Cake
Mimosa Pound Cake
Caramel Candy Magic Bars
Coconut Almond Brownie Bombs
Butter Pecan Ice Cream
The recipes are easy to follow and each one has a photo. The recipes are all semi-homemade using store bought products as well as homemade.
Go check out Hayley’s website The Domestic Rebel and you will see exactly what type of recipes she is known for. Delicious. Indulgent. No-Fuss.
You will also see what a hoot she is! I’ve had the pleasure of hanging with Hayley at 2 blogging conferences and she is so much fun. We had a blast in Portland earlier this year eating way too many donuts while wandering around downtown.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Box Chocolate Cake Mix
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Cup Buttermilk
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Box instant Chocolate Pudding Mix 3.4 oz
- 1 Jar Marshamallow Fluff 7oz
- 1 Cup Vanilla Frosting I used store bought
- 1/2 Cup Room Temperature Butter
- 1/2 Cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3-4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/3 Cup Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Line 18 muffin tins with paper liners.
- Beat cake mix, oil, buttermilk, eggs and dry pudding mix with electric mixer until fully combined. Fill each muffin liner 3/4 full with batter. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean. Transfer to rack and allow to cool completely before filling and frosting. Using a small sharp knife, cut a hole into the top of each cupcake and remove the cores.
- Mix marshmallow fluff and frosting. Transfer to a quart sized plastic baggie and cut the tip off of one bottom corner. Pipe the filling into the cupcakes. Cool cupcakes in refrigerator while making the frosting.
- (Store bought chocolate can be used as a substitute)
- Using electric mixer; beat butter, cocoa and vanilla. Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Add milk if frosting is too stiff. Microwave frosting 15-20 seconds. Stir until smooth. Dip each cupcake into frosting glaze. Top with sprinkles. Store in refrigerator.
I think these cupcakes are best when eaten cold.
Adapted from The Domestic Rebel
I received a copy of Out of the Box Desserts to facilitate this recipe post.
This post contains affiliate amazon links. Basically, I get a little kick back for sending you over to amazon . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!
More To Stuff In Yo’ Face. . .1