Craving chocolate and need a quick dessert fix? This Egg-Free, Dairy-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe is the solution! No eggs and no dairy, this vegan chocolate cake is made in 5 minutes!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info. This post was originally published May 19, 2016. Follow WonkyWonderful on Pinterest to stay up to date on all of the new recipes!
Microwave Mug Cake
Who wouldn’t want an individual cake that only takes 5 minutes to make!?!? German Chocolate Mug Cake is so easy to make, tastes fantastic and is perfect for those late night cravings.
Okay, okay, it is not as good as an actual cake. But, it take 5 minutes to make and it is an individual serving.
This mug cake has the flavors inspired from German Chocolate Cake. Make it even better with melted chocolate on top, a dollop of whipped cream or extra nuts and coconut.
Ingredients Needed For German Chocolate Microwave Mug Cake (screenshot for grocery list)
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Baking Powder
- Nutmilk of Choice (or regular milk or chocolate milk)
- Canola or Vegetable Oil
- Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- Chopped Walnuts or Pecans
How To Make Chocolate Mug Cake In The Microwave
- In bowl: mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add milk and oil. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Spray microwavable mug with non-stick. Transfer batter to mug.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until middle is done. Time will vary depending on microwave and mug size. Cake will rise and the top will no longer be fudgy once done.
- Let sit 2-5 minutes.
More Easy Dessert Recipes:
Nutrition Information Yield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 769Total Fat 46gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 34gCholesterol 0mgSodium 438mgCarbohydrates 84gFiber 7gSugar 46gProtein 9g