Craving chocolate and need a quick dessert fix? This Egg-Free, Dairy-Free German Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe is the solution! You read that right. No eggs. No dairy. And this vegan chocolate cake is made in 5 minutes!
I am proud to be partnering with Silk Nutchello to bring you this tasty recipe!
Well, who wouldn’t want an individual cake that only takes 5 minutes to make!?!? German Chocolate Mug Cake is so easy to make, tastes fantastic and is perfect for those late night cravings.
Another bonus is that you don’t have an entire cake in your refrigerator just begging to be eaten. I am trying to cut back on my sweets so individual desserts are the way to go! All my friends and family are real tired of me trying to pawn off entire cakes and pies on them.
This German Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe is also dairy-free and egg-free. Yes, a vegan cake! Thanks to Silk Nutchello and the fact that microwave mug cakes are better without eggs. I used Rich Dark Chocolate & Walnut Nutchello. . . because. . . more chocolate!
But you don’t have to be vegan to enjoy this super indulgent chocolate dessert. You just have to love Deliciously Fudgy Chocolaty Goodness!
The Rich Dark Chocolate & Walnut Nutchello is my family’s favorite flavor for the obvious chocolaty reasons. My daughter cannot have lactose but she always wants me to buy the cartons of chocolate milk at the store. Now I can get her a “chocolate milk” that she loves and is healthier!
Nutchello also comes in two other flavors: Caramel Almond + Cashew and Toasted Coconut + Cashews.
The Rich Dark Chocolate & Walnut Nutchello has 90 calories per serving, no cholesterol or saturated fat and is verified by the Non-GMO Project’s product verification program. No dairy, no soy, no lactose, no gluten, no casein, no carrageenan, no artificial colors . . . No Kidding!
So getting back to the simple steps to make this mug cake. Just mix the ingredients and microwave for about 1 minute. Yep, that’s it.
Traditionally German Chocolate Cake is made with pecans. I like to use walnuts and it paired well with the Nutchello. Go ahead and use pecans if that is your thing.
See, I told you it was getting fudgy around here. Simple, silly and decadent. My kind of dessert!
If you like chocolate, walnuts, coconut and saving time. . . make this mug cake!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 3 Tablespoons Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3 Tablespoons Sugar
- Small Pinch Sea Salt
- 1/3 Cup Silk Dark Chocolate + Walnut Nutchello
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil or prefered cooking oil
- 1/4 Cup Sweetened Flaked Coconut
- 2 Tablespoons Walnut Pieces or pecans if you prefer
- In bowl; mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Add Nutchello and oil. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Stir in coconut and walnuts.
- Spray microwavable mug with non-stick. Transfer batter to mug.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds or until middle is done. Time will vary depending on microwave and mug size. Cake will rise and the top will no longer be fudgy once done.
- Let sit 2-5 minutes. Eat!
Eat Up. Drink Up. Live It Up!
More Dairy-Free Delicious Desserts. . .
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.