This Chocolate Bark Recipe is great for an easy holiday treat or to give as gifts. Dark Chocolate with fruit and nuts. A sweet and salty combo to snack on!
Chocolate Fruit and Nut Bark
Who wouldn’t want this sweet and salty treat? Rich chocolate, crunchy and salty nuts, chewy dried fruit and candy pieces. There’s a little something for everyone in this Chocolate Bark Recipe!
And it doesn’t get much easier. Melt chocolate morsels, top with Planters Holiday Nut Crunch then let it cool.
I don’t temper my chocolate because, well, I’m lazy like that sometimes. This was just for my family and I to enjoy. We don’t really mind if the chocolate isn’t shiny or has a few discolored spots.
If you want to make your chocolate bark as pretty as possible there is a way to temper chocolate when microwaving. Just melt 3/4 of the chocolate in the microwave until it can be stirred smooth. Then stir in the remaining 1/4 of unmelted chocolate until it melts. (This may take a bit of effort.)
Or, you can always just completely cover the bark with the Planters Holiday Nut Crunch!
- 3 Cups Dark Chocolate Morsels
- 1-1½ Cups Planters Holiday Nut Crunch
- Microwave chocolate morsels for 1½-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Pour melted chocolate onto baking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper. Spread evenly to 1/4-1/2 inch thick.
- Immediately top with Planters Holiday Nut Crunch mixture. Gently press the fruit and nuts into the melted chocolate.
- Cool in fridge for at least 30 minutes before breaking apart or cutting.
- Store in an airtight container.
**reference post for notes on tempering chocolate**
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 617Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 18gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 7mgSodium 89mgCarbohydrates 57gFiber 8gSugar 42gProtein 9g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.