Quick Bread that tastes like a Chocolate Covered Cherry!?! Yes! This Cherry Chocolate Bread Recipe is perfect for the holiday season and beyond.
Chocolate Quick Bread Recipe
Bringing two of my loves together into one amazing dessert. Chocolate covered cherries and quick bread . . . perfection!
I’ve always loved the chocolate and cherry combo. What is not to like? But, I have a soft spot for anything chocolate covered cherry flavored.
My mom has given me a box of chocolate covered cherries every Christmas morning for as long as I can remember. So my Christmas morning tradition is eating chocolate covered cherries for breakfast! Don’t judge, it’s one day a year.
As you can see, this quick bread is ooey-gooey just like chocolate covered cherries. Don’t worry, the glaze will set. I just couldn’t wait a moment longer before I sliced into it!
- 1¼ Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 3/4 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Butter - softened
- 2 Large Eggs
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 1/4 Cup Plain Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 Cup Cherry Nestle Toll House DelightFulls
- 1 Tablespoon Pureed Maraschino Cherries, about 5-6 cherries
- 1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoons Maraschino Cherry Juice - to desired consistency, from jar
- 1/4-1/2 Cup Cherry Nestle Toll House DelightFulls
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Sift together flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, milk and yogurt while mixing.
- Gradually mix in dry ingredients.
- Transfer batter to a loaf pan sprayed with non-stick.
- Top with 1/4 cup Cherry Nestle Toll House DelightFulls and gently press morsels down into batter.
- Bake 45-50 minutes or until toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Allow bread to cool on rack.
- Thoroughly mix pureed cherries, powdered sugar and cherry juice.
- Spread glaze on top of chocolate bread.
- Top with 1/4-1/2 cup of Cherry Nestle Toll House DelightFulls
Nutrition InformationYield 10 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 267Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 51mgSodium 232mgCarbohydrates 48gFiber 1gSugar 33gProtein 5g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.