This thick, creamy BROCCOLI CHEDDAR SOUP is a filling dinner made in 30 minutes. Broccoli and cheese come together to make this comfort food meal.
PANERA BROCCOLI CHEESE SOUP
Inspired by your favorite Panera Bread soup, this Broccoli Cheese Soup is thick, creamy and super satisfying. Best part is, it takes just 30 minutes to prepare. Perfect for an easy weeknight dinner.
Serve with this No-Knead Bread.
- Frozen broccoli can be used instead of fresh. Just thaw and drain of excess liquid before adding to the soup.
- Mild, medium or sharp cheddar can be used depending on your preference.
- The chicken stock can be swapped with vegetable stock for a vegetarian version.
MORE SOUP RECIPES:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup diced white onions
- 1 cup chopped baby carrots
- 3 cups chopped broccoli florets
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Melt butter in large soup pot over medium-high heat.
- Place diced onions,chopped carrots and chopped broccoli into the pot. Stir. Allow the vegetables to cook for about 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium. Pour in the chicken broth, milk and heavy cream. Stir.
- Add all-purpose flour, sea salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes to the pot while stirring.
- Continue to cook and stir the soup for about 10 minutes as it thickens.
- Sprinkle in the shredded cheddar cheese and mix until fully incorporated into the soup. Serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 661Total Fat 54gSaturated Fat 33gTrans Fat 2gUnsaturated Fat 17gCholesterol 160mgSodium 1451mgCarbohydrates 26gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 22g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.