Dinner is easy with this Baked Cod Fish in Cream and Spinach. Cod fillets coated in cream then baked to perfection. Serve cod topped with cream sauce and spinach for a low carb Keto friendly meal in less than 30 minutes.
Oven Baked Cod Fillets with Creamed Spinach
This is a simple dinner that is a nice change from plain broiled cod. We are coating our cod fish in seasoned heavy cream that will keep the fish super juicy and moist. The spinach cooks in the cream and is great served alongside the cod.
Serve with a spritz of lemon and fresh chopped parsley to cut the richness of the fish and cream. This is great served with rice or pasta.
Ingredients Needed For Baked Cod with Cream and Spinach (screenshot for grocery list)
- Cod Fillets
- Baby Spinach
- Heavy Cream
- Favorite Seasoning Blend
How Do You Know When Cod Is Done
Cod should be cooked to an internal temp of 130ºF. I typically just cook cod until it begins to flake apart on the edges.
What Does Cod Go Well With
While we are cooking this cod with spinach, it doesn’t make a enough to be a legit side dish. . .more of a mini side or topping. Most any veggie will go well with this cod. Here are a few ideas:
- 4 Cod Fillets (approx 2 Lbs)
- 5 ounces Baby Spinach (or more)
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 teaspoon Favorite Seasoning Blend (I like Cajun Seasoning)
- 1 Lemon
- Fresh Chopped Parsley
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Spray large casserole dish with nonstick. Place spinach in casserole dish.
- Salt and pepper cod. Arrange fillets on top of spinach.
- Mix cream and seasoning (I like to use Cajun Season) pour mixture over the top of the fillets.
- Bake uncovered 10-15 minutes or until cod is flaking and cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges and chopped parsley.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 133mgSodium 703mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 2gProtein 43g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.