Need an easy breakfast recipe that will feed your hungry crowd? These Monkey Bread Muffins are made with just 4 ingredients and take no time at all! Like sticky buns with a cream cheese glaze without all the hassle.
I am proud to be partnering with Musselman’s to bring you this tasty recipe! (originally posted October 24, 2016)
Who doesn’t love a good sticky bun? The slightly crisp caramelized sugar on the outside and soft, sticky inside is breakfast perfection! Homemade sticky buns can be quite a task. These Monkey Bread Muffins are a super quick alternative made with just 4 ingredients. The individual servings are great for feeding a crowd, especially during the holidays!
Just because these buns are made with 4 ingredients does not mean they are lacking in flavor. I use my favorite “secret ingredient”, Musselman’s Apple Butter.
The apple butter takes these muffins beyond a sugary treat. These Monkey Bread Muffins have a deep rich flavor without being overly sweet. Top them with a cream cheese glaze for the ultimate indulgent breakfast!
Hop over and download your Free Musselman’s E-Recipe Books!
There are just a few simple steps to make these Monkey Bread Muffins.
Combine the butter, brown sugar and apple butter. Microwave until the butter melts, stir then set aside.
While the apple butter mixture is cooling, cut each biscuit into six pieces.
Coat the biscuit pieces with the apple butter mixture and transfer to a generously greased muffin tin. Sprinkle with a little extra brown sugar.
Then just bake and serve.
For a little extra deliciousness top each muffin with a drizzle of cream cheese glaze.
These cheater sticky buns with a hot cup of coffee are exactly how I like to start my day on crisp Fall mornings.
And, these have been a big hit with all of my taste testers!
Skip the waking up early, hours of work and sink full of dishes. Your family and friends will never know how easy these were to make . . . until they beg you for the recipe!
- 1/2 Cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Can of Refrigerated Store Bought Biscuits 8 biscuits
- Additional Brown Sugar for Topping
- 1 ounce Cream Cheese - room temperature
- 1/4 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Whole Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In large microwave safe bowl, combine apple butter, brown sugar and butter. Microwave 30-60 seconds or until butter is melted. Stir then set aside to cool.
- Cut each biscuit into 6 pieces.
- Add biscuit pieces to apple butter mixture and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Generously spray 12 muffin tins with nonstick.
- Place 4 biscuit pieces into each muffin tin mold.
- Sprinkle tops with brown sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving. Drizzle with glaze.
- Mix softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and milk until smooth.