Take a break from your predictable dinner recipes and make this Sticky Orange Ginger Chicken. This nutritious chicken dinner is bursting with flavor! It is sure to be a new family favorite.
Dinnertime can get a little hectic after a long day. Many nights I am totally unprepared and we have sandwiches for dinner.
To avoid these dinnertime failures, I keep Tyson® Fresh Chicken ready and in my refrigerator. Then it is all about the sauce. We like our chicken moist and drenched in a flavorful sauce or glaze. This way I could eat chicken every night without getting bored.
Barbeque chicken, lemon chicken, spicy chicken, teriyaki chicken, garlic chicken . . . the possibilities are endless.
This Sticky Orange Ginger Chicken will be making a regular appearance in my dinner rotation. And with the help of Tyson Fresh Chicken I’ll be serving my family satisfying, flavorful and nutritious meals instead of boring sandwiches.
Tyson Fresh Chicken makes mealtime less stressful. Make your family a tasty home cooked meal without a ton of prep.
Check out more Tyson Fresh Chicken Recipes here for your dinner table.
Tyson Fresh Chicken is the next best thing to being fresh off the farm, because it is all natural* with no added hormones or steroids.** It arrives at your store fresh, delivered within days from leaving the farm. Each piece is hand-trimmed for convenience to save time and effort. Tyson Fresh Chicken has been raised by family farmers for over 75 years. Tyson is a brand that is wholesome and family-friendly.
Their corporate tagline states “Bringing Families TogetherTM.” Tyson Foods is a company made up of real people – moms and dads, husbands and wives, neighbors and friends. Every day they strive to make good food they feel good about serving their families and consumers can feel good about serving to their own.
So pick up some Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in the fresh meat section of your local grocer. Then get started on this Sticky Orange Ginger Chicken. It’s a quick and easy crowd-pleasing meal!
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice 2 oranges
- Zest from 2 Oranges
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves - grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger - peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- Heat sugar and vinegar in a pot over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is bubbling. (about 2 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Add orange juice and zest. Heat for 3-4 minutes until liquid begins to simmer. Add grated garlic, ginger and salt.
- Continue to simmer while stirring frequently. Remove from heat once sauce is syrupy and thickened. (about 10 minutes) Set aside.
- Using a non-stick pan; heat cooking oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pat dry chicken breasts and lightly coat with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and place chicken breasts into pan.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes, flip and cook for 5-7 more minutes.*
- Add sauce to pan. Cook for 6-8 more minutes while spooning sauce over chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh steamed vegetables. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and vegetables.
*Cooking time varies depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
Double this recipe for a family of four. Sauce will require additional cooking time when doubled.
Note: Chicken must be cooked to an internal temperature of 170 degrees for boneless products and 180 degrees for bone in chicken products.
Goodbye sandwiches for dinner . . . Hello Delicious!
This sweepstakes has ended.
What is your favorite crowd-pleasing dinner? Or a recipe that you’ve been wanting to try? Leave a comment below with your answer and you will be entered for a chance to win a custom gift basket with gadgets and goodies for your kitchen! Sweepstakes Rules: No duplicate comments. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 72 hours to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected. The Official Rules are available here. This sweepstakes runs from 8/27 – 10/26. Be sure to visit the Tyson Fresh Chicken brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts! * Minimally processed. No artificial ingredients. **Federal regulations prohibit the use of added hormones or steroids in chicken.