Take a break from your predictable dinner recipes and make this Sticky Orange Ginger Chicken. This nutritious chicken dinner is bursting with flavor! It is sure to be a new family favorite.
Easy Chicken Dinner Recipe
Dinnertime can get a little hectic after a long day. Many nights I am totally unprepared and we have sandwiches for dinner.
To avoid these dinnertime failures, I keep Fresh Chicken ready and in my refrigerator. Then it is all about the sauce. We like our chicken moist and drenched in a flavorful sauce or glaze. This way I could eat chicken every night without getting bored.
Barbeque chicken, lemon chicken, spicy chicken, teriyaki chicken, garlic chicken . . . the possibilities are endless.
This Sticky Orange Ginger Chicken will be making a regular appearance in my dinner rotation. And with the help of Fresh Chicken I’ll be serving my family satisfying, flavorful and nutritious meals instead of boring sandwiches.
So pick up some Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts in the fresh meat section of your local grocer. Then get started on this Sticky Orange Ginger Chicken. It’s a quick and easy crowd-pleasing meal!
Sticky Orange Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Orange Juice, 2 oranges
- Zest from 2 Oranges
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves - grated
- 2 Tablespoons Fresh Ginger - peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 Tyson Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Cooking Oil
- Heat sugar and vinegar in a pot over medium heat until sugar is completely dissolved and mixture is bubbling. (about 2 minutes)
- Reduce heat to medium/low. Add orange juice and zest. Heat for 3-4 minutes until liquid begins to simmer. Add grated garlic, ginger and salt.
- Continue to simmer while stirring frequently. Remove from heat once sauce is syrupy and thickened. (about 10 minutes) Set aside.
- Using a non-stick pan; heat cooking oil over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Pat dry chicken breasts and lightly coat with salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to medium and place chicken breasts into pan.
- Cook chicken 5 minutes, flip and cook for 5-7 more minutes.*
- Add sauce to pan. Cook for 6-8 more minutes while spooning sauce over chicken.
- Once chicken is cooked through, remove from heat.
- Serve with fresh steamed vegetables. Spoon pan sauce over chicken and vegetables.
*Cooking time varies depending on thickness of chicken breasts.
Double this recipe for a family of four. Sauce will require additional cooking time when doubled.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 698Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 2gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 102mgSodium 650mgCarbohydrates 95gFiber 7gSugar 79gProtein 41g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
Note: Chicken must be cooked to an internal temperature of 170 degrees for boneless products and 180 degrees for bone in chicken products.
Goodbye sandwiches for dinner . . . Hello Delicious!0