If you enjoy soft batch cookies, give these Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies a try! Pure cookie bliss in one little bite!
I love a good chocolate chip cookie. Who doesn’t!?!?
While I love the traditional cookie recipes, I’ve been trying out different versions and flavors. Nothing too crazy. Just a hint of something special.
These Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are just that. A traditional soft chocolate chip cookie with a unique hint of flavor, thanks to the brown butter.
Have you tried brown butter yet? It gives dishes a more complex, nutty flavor.
It does require a bit more effort. And I will not say that it is as easy as cooking butter on the stove top. Brown butter goes from delicious golden brown to burned very quickly. So be aware . . . and don’t you dare walk away from that pan while preparing brown butter!
Check out this awesome How To Brown Butter Tutorial before you get started! It has step by step photos and detailed instructions.
Once you prepare the brown butter and let it cool to a spreadable consistency, you are ready to get those chocolate chip cookies started!
Is there anything better than Brown Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies dipped in milk!?!?
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1/4 Cup Brown Butter - cooled
- 1/4 Cup Salted Butter - room temperature
- 1/2 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Ultrafine White Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1½ Cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 3/4 Cups Milk or Dark Chocolate Chips
- Cut 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter into cubes. Heat in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously the entire time. Remove from heat once the butter has reached a golden brown color. (takes about 4-5 minutes). Cool in the refrigerator until brown butter reaches a spreadable consistency. Measure out a 1/4 cup for the cookie recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Position oven rack to the center.
- Combine dry ingredients: flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In separate bowl; cream together brown butter, salted butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix on medium for 3 minutes, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients while mixing. Cookie dough will be thick.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 1 hour to firm up. (optional)
- Drop dough in rounded tablespoons on baking sheet.
- Bake 9-11 minutes.
- Transfer to cooling rack.
- Makes approximately 34 mini cookies.
More Sweets & Treats: