This Kiwi Spritzer is a Fun Halloween Drink that the kids will love! Perfect for a Halloween Party Beverage or just a tasty Halloween Treat for your Trick or Treaters!
It’s been too long since I last posted a fun and silly recipe. I make crazy and delicious treats for my kiddos all the time. So I’m not sure why I don’t post fun food recipes more often.
My daughter, niece and nephew love this Fun Halloween Drink!
We have been watching the movie The Witches lately. You know, the movie about the Grand High Witch (Anjelica Huston) creating a potion that turns children into mice. If you have never seen the movie, definitely put it on your Halloween movie playlist.
Between that movie and Halloween coming up, I decided it was the perfect time to create a drink that looks like a Witches’ Brew. I dusted off my spell book and cauldron and got to work in the kitchen!
“Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.” - Shakespeare
So I conjured up this Kiwi Spritzer and the kids love it! Not only does it look like a slimy potion, it tastes awesome too! The kids really enjoy pretending that they are sipping an evil potion that will turn them into little mice. I play along and preform my best wicked witch laugh . . . I have a very convincing cackle!
While this drink does need sugar to sweeten the kiwi, it is still a great alternative to soda. At least it includes fresh fruit along with all of the sugar!
The amount of sugar needed depends on the sweetness of the kiwi. I made a batch that only needed 2 Tb of sugar. But the last batch I made needed 4 Tb because the kiwi were so acidic. So I recommend starting with 1 Tb sugar and tasting between each additional Tb until the mixture tastes sweet enough.
Drink Up, My Pretties!
- 4 Refrigerated Kiwi Fruit
- 2-4 Tb Ultrafine Sugar
- 1 (8.5 oz) Bottle of Seltzer Water
- Remove the hairy skin from kiwi.
- Puree kiwi in blender or food processor until no chunks remain. (about 1 cup of kiwi puree)
- Add sugar 1 Tb at a time, mix then taste in between each addition until the mixture tastes sweet enough. (amount of sugar needed depends on the sweetness of the kiwi)
- Fill the glasses 3/4 full of kiwi puree.
- Top off the glasses with spritzer water.
- Serve while belting out your best Witch Cackle!
- This yields 1 large drink or 2 small servings.
Check Out WonkyWonderful on Instagram!
I love a good party! I’ve been known to share my delicious creations at THESE awesome parties!