This Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Recipe is a great weeknight dinner idea. A flavorful chicken dinner that goes well with rice, pasta, vegetables or salad. This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, Paleo with Whole 30 and Keto low carb options.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my Disclosure Policy for more info.
How To Make Lemon Pepper Chicken Breast In The Oven
Step 1: Preheat oven to 425ºF
Step 2: Brown Chicken in skillet over medium/high heat. (optional step)
Step 3: Combine oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
Step 4: Place chicken in roasting dish, pour lemon mixture over the top. Bake until internal temp reaches 165ºF.
How Long Do You Cook Lemon Pepper Chicken In The Oven
25-30 minutes at 425ºF. I find that baking quickly at a higher temperature makes for juicier chicken breasts.
Ingredients Needed To Make Lemon Pepper Chicken:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Honey or Maple Syrup (optional)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
What Do You Eat With Lemon Pepper Chicken
- 4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 5 Tablespoons Avocado or Olive Oil, (divided)
- Juice of 1 Lemon, (approx 3 Tb)
- 1 teaspoon Honey or Maple Syrup, (optional - omit for low carb and Whole30)
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 2 teaspoons Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Preheat oven to 425ºF
- In large skillet over medium/high heat 2 Tablespoons oil then brown chicken and transfer to a roasting dish.
- Combine remaining oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- Pour lemon mixture over the top of chicken breast in roasting dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until internal temp reaches 165ºF.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 281 Total Fat 10g Saturated Fat 2g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 7g Cholesterol 102mg Sodium 356mg Carbohydrates 9g Fiber 1g Sugar 5g Protein 38g