This post is sponsored by Foster Farms® Simply Raised, which is locally grown in California. The opinions expressed are my own.
This Lemon Butter Chicken Thigh Recipe is quick, easy and bursting with flavor! Juicy chicken thighs cooked with butter, lemon, thyme and garlic. The perfect one pan weeknight dinner!
Why, why, oh why do I not eat chicken thighs on a regular basis? Let me tell you, that is going to change. I typically eat chicken breast and every once in awhile I will change things up and have drumsticks. But the chicken thighs . . . they are just so darn juicy and flavorful. And this Lemon Butter Chicken Thigh Recipe with Thyme and Garlic will blow your mind! Boom!
This recipe starts with Foster Farms Simply Raised (without antibiotics) Thigh Fillets. I use the boneless skinless variety because I just do not like to bother with bones or skin. Plus they cook up a bit faster.
I eat local products whenever possible. The great thing about Foster Farms products is that they are delivered fresh from local ranches in 48 hours or less. In California, all fresh products are locally grown in California. And all Foster Farms fresh chicken is American Humane Certified.
Along with my fresh and local chicken thighs, I bought my favorite California grown garlic. Add fresh thyme, lemon and butter for the ultimate chicken dinner!
This truly is my new favorite chicken recipe. It is not really surprising because lemon, garlic and thyme are a few of my favorite things. Not to mention BUTTER! Now if I could only find a way to add cheese to this dish it would be perfection.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 2lbs Boneless Skinless Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thigh Fillets
- 2-3 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Low Sodium Chicken Broth - divided
- 1/4 Cup butter
- 10-12 Garlic Cloves - halved
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
- Heat olive oil in large fry pan over medium/high.
- Generously coat chicken with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown. (5-6 minutes each side)
- Remove chicken from pan and reduce heat to medium/low.
- Quickly add 1/2 cup chicken broth and scrape bottom of pan to deglaze.
- Add butter and garlic. Simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan and add the remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes. Baste chicken with liquid twice during this time.
- Remove lid. Add lemon juice and thyme.
- Continue cooking until chicken until fully cooked and no pink remains. (about 10 minutes)
- Prep all ingredients before you begin.
This post is sponsored by Foster Farms®, the opinions expressed are my own.