Homemade Ice Cream For Thanksgiving
I love the traditional holiday dessert recipes as much as the next gal. But I also love to change it up a bit, try something new.
This Cranberry Ice Cream Recipe is a fantastic Thanksgiving dessert. It has all of the tart cranberry flavor blended with creamy, sugary deliciousness!
Okay so, what I don’t understand is why Cranberries and Cream is not a thing!?! Just try mixing cranberries with something sweet and creamy . . . you’ll know what I mean.
After I made a Cranberry Sauce Smoothie with last year’s Thanksgiving leftovers, I was hooked! I have been craving more Cranberries and Cream ever since. In fact, I plan on freezing several bags of fresh cranberries so that I don’t have to wait all year for my fix!
When the cranberries are mixed with sugar and cream, the flavor reminds me of raspberries crossed with cherries.
Cold. Creamy. Sweet. Tart. Ice Cream Perfection.
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 12 oz Fresh Cranberries, cleaned & sorted
- 2 Tb Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice
- 1½ Cups Heavy Cream
- 1½ Cups Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1¼ Cups Cranberry Puree
- Over medium heat - cook the water, salt and cranberries for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Puree the cranberries and orange juice in a blender or food processor. (will make about 1¼ cups puree)
- Refrigerate cranberry puree for several hours or until cold.
- Place your desired ice cream container into the freezer. I use a loaf pan.
- Mix together the cream, milk, sugar and cranberry puree.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the mixture is frozen and creamy, transfer to the cold ice cream container.
- Freeze for at least 4-6 hours.
- Thaw for 5-10 minutes before serving.
*This ice cream still has a tart flavor. Add extra sugar if you prefer a very mildly tart taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 55mgSodium 106mgCarbohydrates 36gFiber 2gSugar 31gProtein 3g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes:4