Homemade Ice Cream with Creme Fraiche
I created this ice cream recipe about six months ago. It has just been sitting around waiting to be shared. I don’t know why it has taken me so long.
With the luxuriously smooth consistency of the creme fraiche ice cream and the sweet yet tart raspberry swirl, this is a must try recipe for any ice cream lover!
Don’t be intimidated by the fancy-pants crème fraîche ingredient. Crème Fraîche is basically just snobby sour cream. In fact, about six months ago I shared How To Make Homemade Crème Fraîche. It is super simple and I used homemade crème fraîche to make this ice cream.
Do you know what impresses people more than serving them homemade ice cream? Serving them homemade ice cream that was made with homemade crème fraîche!
This ice cream is extremely soft after it has been churned. Usually I freeze my homemade ice cream for 4-6 hours after churning but this one requires overnight freezing.
This Creme Fraiche Ice Cream is worth the wait. It is drip down your chin, lick your fingers and hands delicious! The ice cream may sound fancy but you’ll want to eat it like a little kid. Remember the days when half of the ice cream ended up on your face? Yeah, that’s how this ice cream should be eaten!
Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
- 1/2 Cup Ultrafine Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Cup Whole Milk
- 1 Cup Creme Fraiche, How To Make Creme Fraiche
- 1/4 Cup Pureed/Mashed Raspberries
- 1 Tb Honey
- Puree or mash the raspberries. The seeds can be removed if desired (I skipped this).
- Mix the honey into the puree and refrigerate until cold.
Creme Fraiche Ice Cream
- Place your desired ice cream container into the freezer. I use a loaf pan.
- Mix together the sugar, salt, cream, milk and creme fraiche.
- Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Once the churning process is complete, transfer half of the ice cream mixture to the cold container.
- Pour the cold raspberry puree on top then cover with the remaining ice cream mixture.
- Freeze overnight.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 257Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 13gTrans Fat 1gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 61mgSodium 142mgCarbohydrates 18gFiber 0gSugar 18gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More WonkyWonderful Recipes:0