STOP what you’re doing and make these Edible Cookie Dough Truffles! Chocolate chip cookie dough that is safe to eat is rolled into balls and coated with chocolate! This no-bake dessert recipe is as good as it gets!
So I’m not hating all these no-bake recipes. My cookies may be sugary puddles due to the high elevation but my no-bake treats are on point! So far I’ve made delectable Vanilla Cookie Truffles and the highly addictive Peppermint Pattie Chocolate Truffles.
I’m not even a big raw cookie dough fan and I am obsessed with these Edible Cookie Dough Truffles. Like, get them outta my house before I eat every last one, kind of obsessed!
I’ve always been leery of edible cookie dough recipes because while they leave off raw eggs they all tend to still include uncooked flour . . . which you are not supposed to consume. Then I came upon this recipe for Gourmet Toasted Cookie Dough by Sprinkle Bakes. The flour is heated in the oven or microwave before being turned into edible cookie dough. I did some checking around (i.e. Googling) and sure enough heating the flour does eliminate the risk of E.coli. . . yeah, you read that right. . . E.coli! While the risk is low, you are not supposed to consume raw flour or boxed cake mix due to the possibility of contamination. I don’t mess around with food contamination y’all!
The flour can be heated on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 300°F or heated it in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until an instant read thermometer reads 160F. I use the microwave method.
Oh, and I’m back to making videos. I’m a little rusty but I’m pretty happy with the first video I’ve made in quite a long time.
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/4 Cup White Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter - melted
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon Almond Extract, use 1/8 tsp for a more mild almond flavor
- 1/3 Cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1-2 Tablespoons Whole Milk
- 1½ Cups Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Vegetable Shortening
- Prepare flour by heating on a baking sheet for 10 minutes at 300°F or heating in the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally until an instant read thermometer reads 160F. I use the microwave method. Let cool.
- Combine flour, salt and sugars. Stir in melted butter, vanilla and almond extract. Stir until combined and formed into a crumbly consistency.
- Add mini chocolate chips and stir.
- Stir in milk 1/2 Tb at a time until mixture forms into a dough.
- Roll into walnut size balls (approximately 12) and transfer to baking sheet lined with wax paper. Refrigerate while preparing the chocolate shell.
- Microwave chocolate chips and shortening for 1½ minutes, stop to stir every 30 seconds. Stir vigorously until melted and smooth.
- Dip cookie dough balls into chocolate and return to wax paper. Refrigerate 10 minutes to set chocolate.
Store in refrigerator. Eat within 3 days.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 234Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 11mgSodium 51mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 23gProtein 2g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.