These Candy Cane Christmas Cupcakes will make kids and adults happy this holiday season!
Eggless Cupcakes topped with dairy free frosting and crushed candy canes. Don’t even mention that these are vegan cupcakes. No one will ever know.
I just love fun and festive holiday dessert recipes. And it doesn’t get more jolly than these Candy Cane Cupcakes!
These eggless cupcakes are topped with dairy free peppermint buttercream frosting and crushed candy canes. Santa is going to love this holiday treat!
Before you get started on these cupcakes, sign up with Silk. You will receive coupons, special deals and information about their awesome giveaways!
TRY SILK & SAVE! Get coupons, a special birthday offer, sweepstakes and promotional information and monthly chances to win a year’s supply of Silk!
You can also check out more Silk goodness on the Silk Facebook page.
I have to admit that I didn’t have very high expectations when I decided to create a vegan cupcake recipe. It seemed almost impossible to make a delicious frosted cupcake without eggs and butter.
But, these cupcakes are BETTER than my regular cupcakes. I don’t know what that says about my regular cupcakes. Both are delicious. I am absolutely surprised by how amazing these cupcakes are. They do not taste like anything is missing.
My Mom took several cupcakes to a bake sale. Her vegan coworkers were so excited to have a dessert option and the feedback was really positive. They wanted the recipe!
And look how gorgeous these cupcakes are. Definitely the shining star on your holiday dessert table!
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 Cup Vegan Butter* - softened
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Silk Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 3/4 Cup Vegan Butter - softened
- 2½ Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Silk Unsweetened Organic Soymilk
- 2-4 Drops Peppermint Oil (to taste)
- Crushed Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and sugar. Add soymilk and vanilla. Mix.
- Gradually add dry ingredients while mixing.
- Divide the batter between 6 muffin tins prepared with paper liners.
- Bake 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed clean.
- Transfer to rack and cool completely before frosting.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the butter for 30 seconds.
- Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time. Scrape the sides in between each addition and start mixing slow then increase to medium/high. Mix for 30 seconds between each sugar addition.Stop and scrape down sides.
- Add soymilk and peppermint oil.
- Mix on medium/high speed for 3-4 minutes. Frosting will be light in color and fluffy.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 5 minutes before frosting cupcakes.
- Pipe frosting onto cooled cupcakes and top with crushed candy canes.
- *Vegan Butter can be found in the butter section of your grocery store. Please be aware that all margarine is not vegan. Look for vegan labeling.
Get in the holiday spirit with these Holly Jolly Candy Cane Cupcakes!
More To Sweeten Your Holidays. . .
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.