These Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes make the perfect holiday side dish! Learn a little trick that takes this stuffed potato recipe to the next level. This method makes the potato skins super delicious!
I am proud to be partnering with Thrive® Algae Oil to bring you this tasty recipe! As always, all opinions are 100% my own.
My favorite part of comfort food meals is usually the potatoes. Fried, mashed or baked, I haven’t met a potato I didn’t like. These Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes bring together two of my favorites, cheese and potatoes.
Potato skins can be a little tricky. If they are not cooked properly you will end up with a bland, dry potato skin that is more like ancient Egyptian papyrus. However, if you salt and oil the skins while baking they turn out deliciously moist and slightly crispy. I use Thrive® Algae Oil to get perfectly crisp potato skins. Thrive® Algae Oil has a mild, delicate flavor and smell. It is perfect for any type of recipe because it has a crazy high smoke point of 485°! And, Thrive® Algae Oil is sustainable. Their mission is to create an oil that is better for people and the planet.
Learn More & Get Cookin’ the Heathy Way. . .
These Easy Cheesy Twice Baked Potatoes are anything but bland and boring. My daughter, who is not a potato fan, eats several of these Twice Baked Potatoes in one sitting.
The tasty skins are filled with fluffy whipped potatoes and loads of cheese. Then topped with more cheese. Can you ever have enough cheese? Me thinks not.
Baked to melty golden perfection then topped with fresh chives. This side dish goes great with just about any meal.
Join My Wonky Wonderful World and Never Miss a Recipe! Subscribe:
- 8 Medium Russet Potatoes - scrubbed, washed & dried
- Thrive® Algae Oil
- Sea Salt
- 1 Cup Sour Cream
- 1 Cup Shredded Medium Cheddar + more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 3-4 Tablespoons Whole milk
- Preheat oven to 450°F
- Poke potatoes with a fork 3-4 times. Coat potatoes with oil and transfer to a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes. Brush potatoes with more oil and sprinkle with salt. Bake 15-20 more minutes or until potatoes are cooked through and tender. Remove from oven and let cool enough to handle.
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Slice potatoes lengthwise. Score the inside and carefully scoop out while keeping skins intact. Discard the skins from 2 potatoes. Place prepared skins on rimmed baking sheet.
- Combine potato filling, sour cream, shredded cheese, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Whip with hand mixer. Add milk 1 Tb at a time until mixture becomes creamy.
- Fill potato skins with mixture and top with additional shredded cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Broil on high 2-3 minutes to brown.
- Top with fresh chives and serve immediately.
- Serves 12