This gluten free dessert is healthy, satisfying and full of flavor. Quinoa, strawberries and chocolate hazelnut drizzle come together for one perfect bite!
I love the versatility of quinoa. It’s mild nutty flavor goes well with sweet and savory dishes.
It is also gluten free and considered a super food due to the nutrition that each little grain contains.
I received samples of Nocciolata to try out in some of my kitchen experiments. Nocciolata is an organic, high quality chocolate hazelnut spread. I enjoyed the product so much that I did decide to use it in this healthy dessert recipe.
This chocolate hazelnut drizzle is a trick that I use often. Sometimes I am out of regular chocolate sauce or just want something a little fancier.
I always have chocolate hazelnut spread in my cupboard. Just add a splash of warm water to a tablespoon of the spread. Stir until the water is fully incorporated.
You have a simple yet flavorful chocolaty sauce to drizzle. And it only takes 10 seconds to prepare!
- 1 Cup Cooked White Quinoa - cold
- 1/2 Cup Pureed Strawberries (about 4-5 strawberries)
- 2 Large Strawberries - chopped
- 1 Tb GF Chocolate Hazelnut Spread
- 1½ tsp Hot Water
- Cook your quinoa according to the package directions. Be sure to rinse your quinoa if it isn't a pre-rinsed brand. (Bob's Red Mill is pre-rinsed) Cook quinoa in water or you can also cook it in coconut or almond milk for a creamier quinoa bowl.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, stir in the strawberry puree.
- Add the chopped strawberries.
- Mix the chocolate hazelnut spread and hot water. (Nocciolata is gluten free. If you are using a different brand check that it is gf)
- Drizzle chocolate hazelnut sauce over the strawberry quinoa and serve.
Visit the other Happy and Healthy bloggers: