If your Whole30 or Paleo compliant meals are getting repetitive, make these Pork Fajita Bowls with Cilantro Lime Dressing! All the flavors and colors of fajitas made easy with leftover slow cooker shredded pork. This grain free gluten free recipe will be a guaranteed hit!
I’m a sucker for Mexican food. I looooove tortillas, cheesy refried beans and don’t even get me started on the free chips & salsa! I do splurge and eat my fill at a Mexican food restaurant every now and again. In between those glorious moments, I make homemade versions that are much healthier, like these Pork Fajita Bowls with Cilantro Lime Dressing.
You may recall my recipe for Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin with Balsamic Blackberry Sauce, well, I made sure to have extra shredded pork. These fajita bowls use that leftover shredded pork. I like to turn leftovers into an entirely different meal instead of eating the same meal for 3 days straight.
For the pork, I use this (ad) Hamilton Beach Set ‘n Forget Programmable Slow Cooker, 6-Quart. So make a batch of that Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin and you are good to go!
Tips → Tricks → Suggestions →
- If you or family members are not grain free or gluten free, feel free to serve with rice or tortillas.
- Add green bell peppers if you are a fan. (I just don’t prefer the green peppers)
- Extra dressing is always a good idea. This dressing recipe is easily doubled!
- I use store bought riced cauliflower as a shortcut. I’m lazy about ricing and spiralizing veggies ????
- For family members that are not grainfree/glutenfree, prepare rice on the side for serving. A dollop of sour cream for those not following a dairy free diet.
More healthy Mexican inspired recipes for your dinner table →
Now let’s have a fiesta!!!
- 16 ounces Riced Cauliflower
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, (seeds removed, cut into strips)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, (seeds removed, cut into strips)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper, (seeds removed, cut into strips)
- 1 Sweet Onion, (sliced)
- Olive or Avocado Oil, (for cooking)
- 3 Cups Leftover Slow Cooker Pork Tenderloin*
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil
- 1 Garlic Clove, (grated)
- Handful Fresh Cilantro, (chopped)
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a large pan over medium/high heat. Add riced cauliflower, salt and pepper and cook for 8-10 minutes (stir occasionally) until golden brown and tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Increase heat to high and drizzle a generous amount of oil into pan. Add bell peppers and onion to pan, cook 6-7 minutes while stirring frequently. Once peppers and onions are tender and browned, season with salt and pepper. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Reduce heat back down to medium/high. Add pork, garlic powder, cumin, red pepper flakes and a generous drizzle of oil to pan. Cook 1-2 minutes just to heat through.
- Assemble fajita bowls with layers of cauli-rice, peppers & onions and shredded pork. Serve with a drizzle of Cilantro Lime Dressing, lime wedges, fresh cilantro and sliced avocado.
- Whisk all dressing ingredients until fully combined.
This post contains affiliate links. Basically, if you purchase I get a little kick back for sending you over . . . at no extra cost to you. Thanks for your support!