Start your day with this filling and Gluten-Free Maple Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl. With hearty brown rice, natural coconut flakes, slivered almonds, golden raisins and sweet maple syrup . . . Your Healthy Breakfast Is Served!
Healthy Breakfast Rice Cereal
This Maple Brown Rice Breakfast Bowl is a quick breakfast option. Make the rice the night before and this doesn’t take much longer than pouring yourself a bowl of cereal. Just heat and serve! Or you can even prepare this entirely at night and either eat it cold or zap it in the microwave.
Skipping breakfast is one of my bad habits that I am trying to break. I am NOT a morning person! So eggs, pancakes, bacon, waffles or anything that involves any effort is out of the question. Cereal and milk isn’t really my thing either.
Over the years I have come up with breakfast options that are more substantial than cereal but do not require A.M. preparation. I like to do brown rice bowls or lately I have exchanged the rice for quinoa. This recipe also works great with quinoa instead of brown rice.
- 1 Cup Dry Brown Rice
- 2 + Cups Water
- 1 Cup Plain Coconut Milk, carton
- 1/2 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Chips
- 1/2 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1/4 Cup Sliced Almonds
- 1/4 Cup Golden Raisins
- Pinch of Cinnamon, optional
- Pinch of Salt
- Cook brown rice in water according to package directions.
- Once the rice is finished cooking; add the coconut milk, coconut chips, maple syrup, almonds, raisins, cinnamon and salt.
- Stir and cook over medium/low heat until the coconut milk begins to absorb and the mixture thickens. (about 5-10 minutes)
- Serve warm. Top with additional coconut chips, almonds, a drizzle of maple syrup and a splash of coconut milk.
- This can also be pre-made and served cold.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 447Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 0mgSodium 93mgCarbohydrates 56gFiber 4gSugar 31gProtein 5g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.