Easy Pasta Dinner Recipe
This Burst Tomato Pasta really is one of those dishes that delivers a ton of flavor with very little effort. It is a quick and easy weeknight meal that is on the table in about 30 minutes.
The stars of this meal are ripe cherry tomatoes, roasted garlic (How To Roast Garlic) and quality olive oil. Add the mozzarella, basil and crispy fried salami for Pure Pasta Perfection!
There is not much that can beat a big bowl of saucy pasta. But if you are trying to cut back on the carbs, this burst tomato sauce would be fantastic with cauliflower rice too!
While I would love to claim that my garden has been overflowing with cherry tomatoes this year . . . well, I just can’t. I have the opposite of a green thumb. I am the Grim Reaper of the plant world. If I even look at a plant it wilts!
So these gorgeous tomatoes are compliments of my hardworking farmer’s market vendors. Thanks for helping a girl out local farmers!
Yeah, just look at these beautiful burst tomatoes swimming in the burnt orange olive oil and garlic sauce. POW! That is a punch of FLAVOR right there!
- 1/4 Cup Olive Oil, good quality
- Pinch Salt/Pepper
- Pinch Red Pepper Flakes, optional
- 1 Lb Cherry Tomatoes, cleaned & stems removed
- 5-6 Cloves Roasted Garlic - How To Roast Garlic, chopped
- 1 Package - Pasta of Choice
- 5-6 Slices of Salami - optional, thinly sliced
- Mozzarella Pearls or Shredded Mozzarella - optional
- Basil - optional
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
For Fried Salami
- Slice salami into strips and cook over medium heat until crispy like bacon (about 5-7 minutes).
- Stir frequently while frying.
- When crisp, transfer to a paper towel to absorb the grease.
- In a large saute pan over medium/low heat; combine the olive oil, roasted garlic, salt/pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook for about 15 minutes or until the tomatoes begin to burst and the sauce turns a burnt orange color.
- Immediately toss cooked pasta with the tomato sauce.
- Add the mozzarella then top with fried salami and basil.
- Salt and Pepper to taste.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 405Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 9gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 60mgSodium 498mgCarbohydrates 19gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 19g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.
More Comfort Food For You: