Just in time for the cold and flu season. This Easy Chicken Soup Recipe is bursting with flavor! Meyer lemons and fresh cracked pepper give this healthy chicken noodle soup a unique twist. You will be energized after one bite of this Meyer Lemon and Pepper Chicken Soup!
Homemade Chicken Soup
I love a comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup on a chilly winter day. Especially if I’m feeling under the weather.
This Lemon Pepper Chicken Soup is bright and peppy. It will wake up your taste buds, that’s for sure.
I used Meyer Lemons for a mild citrus flavor and Fresh Cracked Pepper for some heat.
Begin this Easy Chicken Soup Recipe with pepper crusted chicken breast.
Add the fresh citrus and the usual chicken soup ingredients. That’s it. Heat until the carrots are cooked through then enjoy a bowl full!
Seriously. This is a bowl of pure sunshine on a dreary winter day.
I made this fancied up chicken soup then used star pasta! hehe
Use whatever pasta you prefer. I cook my pasta separately so the leftovers don’t turn into a soggy mess.
Don’t forget the crackers!
- 1-1½ lbs Chicken Breast
- 4 Tablespoons Olive Oil - divided
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- 3 Large Carrots - peeled and sliced
- 2 Large Celery Stalks - sliced
- 1/2 Cup Chopped White Onion
- 32 ounces Low Sodium Chicken Stock
- Zest of 4 Meyer Lemons
- Juice of 4 Meyer Lemons *, 2/3 cup
- 1/4 teaspoon Dried Thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Salt - to taste
- Pasta of Choice - prepared according to package
- Pat dry chicken breast with paper towel. Coat with a generous layer of fresh cracked pepper.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Fully cook chicken breast then set aside.
- Over medium heat in 3.5 quart pot; saute carrots, celery and onions in 2 tablespoons olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, lemon zest, lemon juice, thyme and garlic powder.
- Lightly boil for 20-25 minutes or until carrots are cooked through.
- Shred chicken breast and add to soup pot.
- Add 1 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve soup over pasta.
*If using regular lemons, decrease amount due to acidity
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 385Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 96mgSodium 582mgCarbohydrates 28gFiber 5gSugar 10gProtein 40g
Nutritional information on WonkyWonderful is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.